RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-10-2015, 08:33 PM   #1

Slide outs scratching floor.

Hi Folks:

My 2007 Monaco Executive has begun scratching the hardwood floor with the front edge of the side when both slides are retracted. My searching has not found anything that seems to guide me as to how it fix it.

Ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,Bill
Bill Fleming1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-10-2015, 11:19 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: MotherLoad foothills approx.60 m.s east of Sacramento
You probably have slide leveler adjusting bolts under the sink and possibly under the couch. The sink will have a false bottom giving access to the adjusters. This info my not be specific to your coach so do a forum search for "slide adjusters". Some one will be along with info on your coach. Keep checking back....
Full time since Nov 2012 RVM#41 Gary and Marian Hill 2001 Monaco Dynasty Jack 38' 370 hp ....If it ain't broke I can still fix it.
Like putting shoes on an octopuss, so are the days of our lives....
adamfolger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 07:14 AM   #3

If it is the driver's side front slide, we use two pieces of vinyl flooring and lay them down perpendicular to the slide fairly near the middle. That big slide is unsupported in the middle and it tends to droop a bit. We had our floor replaced with wood with Ernie Ekberg and that is standard procedure. Also I believe there is a specific item made for that application on Amazon, slide slipper or something like that. We had the vinyl flooring laying around and it does the trick.
Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2015, 07:15 AM   #4

Oh, and if it is the passenger or galley slide then you just need to adjust the slide rollers to raise the slide a bit.
Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:15 PM   #5

We have a 2013 HR ENDEAVOR that was scratching the tile floor. The long slides were sagging when they were brought in. I could have brought it back to factory to straighten them but on advice of a friend who is a certified RV mechanic we put 24 x 60 rugs under where they were rubbing problem solved. We have 2 on road side slide and one on the passenger side.
Harry
Old 04-12-2015, 08:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill767 View Post
If it is the driver's side front slide, we use two pieces of vinyl flooring and lay them down perpendicular to the slide fairly near the middle. That big slide is unsupported in the middle and it tends to droop a bit. We had our floor replaced with wood with Ernie Ekberg and that is standard procedure. Also I believe there is a specific item made for that application on Amazon, slide slipper or something like that. We had the vinyl flooring laying around and it does the trick.
I saw what I think you are referring to on ebay. They were called slide slickers. Looks like they would work.

Chad
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scr, slide, slide out