Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2017, 05:11 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Slide repair help

I have a 2006 Executive and on the front street side slide there was a strip of delrin underneath the slide at the front and rear. It was about 3/16" or so thick and maybe one foot wide. The material deteriorated and came apart in pieces. I think it was a wear strip. Does anyone know if there is a roller in the main floor that ran on this strip when the slide moves? Am planning on replacing these strips but am hoping that someone can provide some input. The material was screwed to the bottom of the sidle with flathead screws likely prior to its installation and I am concerned about getting the new material all the way in but I am concerned about the existing screws that I may not be able to see

Thank you for and input you can provide,
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2017, 09:42 PM   #2

They ride on teflon slides, most remove and replace with SS of the same size.
Elite RV at Harrisburg, OR completed my slides.
After watching them this would not be a hard task if you are handy.
Old 02-15-2017, 05:49 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the reply Boomer. Do you know if there are rollers in that area? Also, do you in they had to remove screws that are out of site when the slide is open?

Thanks again
Old 02-15-2017, 02:03 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Steve your 06 will be different than my 2000 but this is the procedure I used .
put the slide 1/3 out remove the bottom of the kitchen cabinet they just lift out bend the lock nut tab and back off on the adjustment screw back it off Until it's loose then tighten on both rollers until they touch then another 1/4 to 1/2 more on both then use blue loctite on the lock nut I also had a 3 roller under the couch that can only be adjusted by getting under the left front wheel well. The plastic cover will probably be covered with undercoating and be a bitch to get to the screws.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 02:10 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Walt

Mine is on the roadside where my dinette is. I will look in the bottom of those cabinets but there is not a cabinet behind the drivers seat so I will look in the wheel well for a front roller

Thanks again!
Old 02-15-2017, 02:23 PM   #6
YC1

Steve, could you post a picture? I am at a rv gathering and one of the forums was on the edges of the slides. The street side seems to be the most effected.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 03:23 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry but I am not near my Coach. My issue is not with the surround that you can see. It is the wear strip underneath at each end. You can see it when the slide is open and you look at the bottom. It is a white strip
Old 02-15-2017, 07:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerman View Post
Thanks for the reply Boomer. Do you know if there are rollers in that area? Also, do you in they had to remove screws that are out of site when the slide is open?

Thanks again

Charger, they had me deploy slide, he use two t combination wood jacks and wedge wood to raise the slide up slightly. This allows access to bottom of slide. They removed the plastic runners under slide, they sealed the old holes that secured the plastic to bottom of slide.
They then mounted two new SS runners under the slide, same position of old, with counter sunk SS screws.
Yes there are rollers, you can see from outside, carefully pull down lower slide seal, I find it easier to use a 18" sheet rock mud trowel to slide over the seal and pull down to expose the rollers.
Mine looked ok and tightly mounted. I just lubed mine. Hope that helps!
Old 02-16-2017, 06:22 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Boomer View Post
Charger, they had me deploy slide, he use two t combination wood jacks and wedge wood to raise the slide up slightly. This allows access to bottom of slide. They removed the plastic runners under slide, they sealed the old holes that secured the plastic to bottom of slide.
They then mounted two new SS runners under the slide, same position of old, with counter sunk SS screws.
Yes there are rollers, you can see from outside, carefully pull down lower slide seal, I find it easier to use a 18" sheet rock mud trowel to slide over the seal and pull down to expose the rollers.
Mine looked ok and tightly mounted. I just lubed mine. Hope that helps!

Charger to note: I called the repair folks yesterday that worked on my slides, mark stated don't totally open the slide, stop about 2-3" from fully open. It gives you a little while room.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:04 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Excellent info Gents. Thank you very much for the detailed responses. I will do the repair soon. This also explains why my paint scheme does quite match at this time.

I really appreciate the help!

Thanks again,
Old 02-17-2017, 06:12 AM   #11
YC1

I am at a Monaco gathering this week. A few pictures would help. We have discussed slide lead problems etc and it mostly effects the drivers side front slides.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 05:25 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I wish that I could post pics for you but unfortunately I am some distance from the Coach currently
Old 02-18-2017, 04:56 PM   #13

Glad I found this thread. 1st post here, new guy John, we have an 04 HR Neptune 36pdd and I recently replaced the driver side couch/dinette slide motor and also the controller board because I didn't like the smell lol (ohms only, but all checked out good). The travel now is off, it is not even, something isn't right, so I'm now subscribed here and reading. Thank you all for the forum and the information.
JohnFran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair, slide