Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-09-2016, 07:30 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Slide schematic help

Wondering if anyone has any schematics for an 03 Monaco Windsor 40 PST or like model that is specific to three slides? The schematics provided by Monaco support are generic and for two slide rigs only. I am at a park and cannot get my two front slides out. Bedroom slide extended fine but have nothing....no sound or effort on my front. I've checked fuses, breakers, batteries, etc. I honestly think there is some safety shutoff sensor that has the slides disabled. All bay doors are shut and those sensors have been disabled...just covering all bases here because I do not know what else to do. TIA
RLC06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-09-2016, 08:01 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I replied to your post in Class A forum.

I have a control module in my passenger side rear electrical bay that is for the slides. Every once in a while it will blow a 5 amp fuse for no reason. I keep a spare there and replace and all is goof for another ~2 years.

Your Windsor is a year newer so it may be different. Mine looks like this

KIB Electronics Slide Room Controller, Dual Slide, 16615700

The fuse in the there left side, orange color.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 08:27 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Yes sorry. Been working on my slide issue. Not a fuse. Checked all fuses and circuit breakers first thing. But thanks.
Old 09-10-2016, 05:56 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Make sure that your storage bay door button switches are not preventing the operation of your slides.

Sometimes they get sticky and sometimes they get out of adjustment.

I have some of mine bypassed as they can be a real pain. But I also make sure that the slides will NOT hit the storage doors if they happen to be open when running the slide out or in.

On rare occasions the relays on the slide-out control board can go bad too.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 06:00 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLC06 View Post

I honestly think there is some safety shutoff sensor that has the slides disabled. All bay doors are shut and those sensors have been disabled...just covering all bases here because I do not know what else to do. TIA
What exactly do you mean by the above?

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 09-10-2016, 06:58 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
What exactly do you mean by the above?

Dr4Film ----- Richard
The sensors on the bay doors that would prevent slide operation have been bypassed.
RLC06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 07:21 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
If you have already made up jumpers for each of the storage bay door switches then I don't have any other ideas. You have already verified that all relevant fuses are good, etc.

Have you verified that 12 VDC power is getting to the Power Gear motor?

I have attached a handwritten schematic for my Triple Slide Control board. My brother made it for me when I had part of the board melt.

DrF4Film ----- Richard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3 Slide-out Schematic.jpg
Views:	499
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	138542  
Old 09-10-2016, 04:11 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you Dr4film. Looking it over now!
Old 09-11-2016, 04:02 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
As mentioned .....check for power at the motor.
If no power....check for power at the switch.
If no power, you could have problem with the control board.

If you have a "hot" power line close to the switch, unplug the hot line at
the switch and plug the other line on. Then check for switch power and
power at the motor.
luckyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2016, 06:01 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Crazy as it sounds, after trying all weekend multiple times and having so response from the slide control switches, My wife passed by Monday morning and tapped the switch on her way out to help me retract them manually and BOTH forward slides responded and came in automatically as if nothing g was wrong! We drove home (15 min trip) and I tested them and we were right back to nothing! I called Monaco support and sure enough, sounds like I have an issued with the power for the slides that are run through the bay doors for the safety sensors that prevent slide use of a bay door is open. Haven't chased it yet but plant to this next weekend. Remain very impressed with Monaco support!
Old 09-13-2016, 06:43 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
I thought you stated that you had bypassed the sensors eliminating them as a possible problem in your very first post?

Can you explain what you meant by that and exactly how you "bypassed" them?

Sounds to me like perhaps you have a misunderstanding of how the storage bay door button switches work.

9 out of 10 times when electric slides don't move, in or out, it usually has something to do with those storage bay door switches.

As I had previously posted mine had gotten out of adjustment so instead of spending time to get them readjusted and locked back into position I made up short sections of jumpers to bypass the door switches.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 09-13-2016, 04:34 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
They were bypassed with similar jumpers as you described however according to tech support, while the sensor is disabled, power for the slide still runs through the doors. It is very likely there is an issue in one of those connections (some had been bypassed by the precious owner) or in the wiring itself. Again, I have not had a chance to get into it and check things over. I've had some health issues since we were out this weekend. I will definitely post the resolution when I have the opportunity to investigate the schematics Monaco provided and check the problem in more detail.
Old 09-14-2016, 07:18 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I hate to disagree with tech support but there is no power running through the doors. The plunger button switch for each storage bay door is located on the door jam not on the door itself. The switch is a momentary switch which is ON when the door is closed and OFF when the door is open. The switch has two contacts with a wire going to each contact.

The switch is in series with the wire that supplies power to the slide-out motor. With the door open the power is cut to the motor. With the door closed the button switch is now closed it completes the circuit and allows power to the motor.

The bypass jumpers are simply completing the circuit in the wire as if the switch was no longer there.

If your bypass jumpers are not working then you either have a bad jumper wire or you have a deeper problem with the power wiring which will take some time tracing the wiring to find the short.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Old 09-14-2016, 02:38 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the explanation. I'll post what I find when I get the chance to look into it. Have been back at work since we got back home Monday. Hopefully I will have the opportunity to use the schematics provided by Monaco and chase the problem this weekend.

Tags
slide