Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-08-2021, 12:53 PM   #29

Chris (Stone Vos) has always pointed out that the quality of the thread used to make awnings/canopies is the greatest single failing of most sewed fabrics. His website emphasizes this. If there is one single person EVER who has been disappointed in Chris and Ingrid, I've never heard of it.

I addition to that, Chris recently started Talin RV Services, and is getting rave reviews for even procedures as complicated as totally REMOVING a slide and repairing its problems.

I have no affiliation with Stone Vos or Chris, other than friendship and respect for his business principles, and an appreciation for what he contributes (free) to the MH community.

There are likely other great businesses that can solve difficult problems, but if being near FL is in your travel plans and you have an awning/canopy/topper problem, Chris is an invaluable resource. Chris is no spring chicken, so schedule your consultations appropriately. He might up and decide to retire at any time.
Vanwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-09-2021, 03:01 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
I bought the universal vinyl (?) ones from Carefree and installed them. They were something like $90 USD each. I'm very impressed with them. The bonus is that you can cut them to the full width of the roller and this goes a long way to preventing leaks because it now covers the entire roof of the slideout.

I was going to spend +$500 USD on custom ones but am very glad I went this route. No water can permeate them and it fixed big leaks that I was never able to track down....
Just ordered the same thing for my 2008 Monaco XL La Palma. $70.00 delivered through amazon. I'll let you know how the install goes....
Nuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 09:55 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuss View Post
Just ordered the same thing for my 2008 Monaco XL La Palma. $70.00 delivered through amazon. I'll let you know how the install goes....
It was very simple on mine. Measure twice, cut once. I fixed a notorious leak that could not be found by cutting mine to the exact width of the roller When I look at it now, the rain would have to come in sideways to get to the slideout roof.

Also, the acrylic toppers leaked a small amount of water no matter what. It was not the age or the material, it's just the way it is when water pools in the middle. The 'plastic' ones do not leak, period.

I can't stress the importance of that enough. Kill many birds with one cheap stone!
BobJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 06:20 PM   #32

We are missing the roller and slide topper on our full-wall slide (2007 Diplomat SFT) and need replacement. I have never been able to find out how long the roller is or how to measure. Don't have a build sheet for our rig and cannot find the serial number from the topper. Would love it if someone who has the same model would help me out with this, so that I can get it ordered and replaced before bad weather. If you know the serial number or have a build sheet, I would be most grateful. Thank you and happy trails.
cfpotter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, air, repair, replace, replacement, slide