Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2021, 07:10 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Slideout out of alignment AGAIN

We have a 2006 Monaco Diplomat. Had the front passenger slideout aligned a little over a year ago. It didn't last long & when we had it in for service a couple weeks ago, we asked them to align it. When we first got it back less than a week ago, it looked ok. Yesterday, we arrived at a new campground & opened the slide. There is a gap at the top where we can actually see daylight. It's the top part right behind the passenger's seat. When we look at it outside we can defintely see it's out of alignment. Just not sure what we need to do to fix it, since the repair shop REV) is over 4 hours away & aren't even responding to our emails. If anyone knows what to do, it would be appreciated.
karencollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2021, 09:15 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by karencollins View Post
We have a 2006 Monaco Diplomat. Had the front passenger slideout aligned a little over a year ago. It didn't last long & when we had it in for service a couple weeks ago, we asked them to align it. When we first got it back less than a week ago, it looked ok. Yesterday, we arrived at a new campground & opened the slide. There is a gap at the top where we can actually see daylight. It's the top part right behind the passenger's seat. When we look at it outside we can defintely see it's out of alignment. Just not sure what we need to do to fix it, since the repair shop REV) is over 4 hours away & aren't even responding to our emails. If anyone knows what to do, it would be appreciated.
Did the same company align it a couple years ago that did the alignment a few weeks ago?
If they aren't returning your calls or emails, and you paid with a credit card, talk to the card company and dispute the charges. That will get their attention, real quick.

You shouldn't have to re-align your slides so often. Something is obviously wrong. Do you have any idea what they did recently to repair? Any description in the work order/invoice?
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 09:26 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
No, it was not the same company. However, REV in Indiana, did the work. And honestly, almost everything they supposedly fixed has turned out not fixed. Yes, we did pay with a credit card, so that may be the way to get their attention. Unfortunately, we aren't able to take the 4 hour trip back there right now. Even when we pointed out things before we took it & had some things redone, they still weren't done right. We had to put Gorilla tape on the opening of the slide tonight because it was going to rain. If there's a somewhat easy fix, we'll try it.
Old 05-03-2021, 09:37 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by karencollins View Post
No, it was not the same company. However, REV in Indiana, did the work. And honestly, almost everything they supposedly fixed has turned out not fixed. Yes, we did pay with a credit card, so that may be the way to get their attention. Unfortunately, we aren't able to take the 4 hour trip back there right now. Even when we pointed out things before we took it & had some things redone, they still weren't done right. We had to put Gorilla tape on the opening of the slide tonight because it was going to rain. If there's a somewhat easy fix, we'll try it.
Is the slide a Powergear slide?
radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2021, 06:54 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
You'll need to post what type of slide it is. Electric or hydraulic? Flush floor on raised? (I'd guess it's a raised, as most flush floor slides were installed up front on drivers side-but I've learned not to second guess monaco)

Pictures may also help.
Old 05-04-2021, 07:53 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
It's a raised floor. How do I know what brand the slide is & if it's hydraulic or electric?
Old 05-04-2021, 09:59 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
post a picture of the mechanism that operates the slide. It will be in the basement compartment, up on the ceiling. I'm guessing yours is electric, but I don't know for sure.

Another question we need to rule out early, is do you have any water damage to your slide bottom? It's a common problem with Monaco. Look at the bottom of your slide and it should be nice smooth white and no signs of rot or rollers digging into the bottom. Post pictures if your not sure.
Old 05-04-2021, 10:50 AM   #8

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
They didn't go to hydraulic front slides on the Camelot / Scepter models until 2008 model year. Can't imagine they switched earlier on the Diplomats.
Old 05-04-2021, 11:21 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
They didn't go to hydraulic front slides on the Camelot / Scepter models until 2008 model year. Can't imagine they switched earlier on the Diplomats.
Thanks Ben. That's what I figured for the Dip as well, but wasn't sure.
Old 05-04-2021, 11:29 AM   #10

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbill View Post
Thanks Ben. That's what I figured for the Dip as well, but wasn't sure.
Hey, it's Monaco!

I'm not holding my hand on a bible and swearing to that reply !
Old 05-04-2021, 03:23 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
I'm going to guess electric since it has 12V plugged in to it. But here's the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide gear.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	279.5 KB
ID:	327248   Click image for larger version

Name:	Slide motor.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	216.6 KB
ID:	327249  

Old 05-04-2021, 04:57 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
yep, electric.

What is condition of the bottom of the slide? Any rot? Ideally, the bottom of the slide is nice and smooth. Most are white in color--almost like a white laminate.

If any signs of rot or rollers digging in to that white laminate, then you need to address that issue first.

If the floor is in good condition, I think you'll need to either go back to the place that did the work or find someone locally that is capable of adjusting your slide. If you're in a campground, maybe the office can recommend someone.
Old 05-04-2021, 08:34 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
The bottom of the slide appears to be fine. I know what you're talking about when it comes to rot. We had to have steel plates put on both slides on the drivers side. Unfortunately, we're in an area where there aren't many RV repair shops & the company that did it (REV in Decatur, IN) is over 4 hours away. I will ask at our campground, altho we've been coming here for years & never seen a mobile repair guy in the park.
Old 05-05-2021, 07:31 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry I couldn't have been more direct help. It really can be any issue. Something could be loose with the track/drive motor, causing your problem to keep reoccurring. I saw a Camelot that had the cabinets coming loose from the interior wall, jamming the slide. It's possible one of the rollers is damaged and needs replacement. I read somewhere that they found a doggy toy jammed in the slide, causing them problems.

Tags
alignment, slide, slideout