Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-07-2014, 07:29 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Slideout seal replacement 03 Beaver

My bedroom and driver's side slideout seals are shot; is it necessary to remove the br slide to replace the seals?

Chudk Harrison
Akron, Ohio
03 Marquis
wch1940 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-07-2014, 12:48 PM   #2

I just had my seals replaced at Monaco Decatur. They did not have to remove the bedroom slide, they put a second rubber seal over top of the original working from the outside of the coach then put a second row of seals on the side portion that seals itself again the inside of the coach by having the side out less than 1/2 way and applying them from the inside of the coach by pushing their arm thru the gap.

Bill
'04 Beaver Monterey
jbesdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 08:08 PM   #3

Chuck,

I had the same issue(s) with my 2003 Beaver Patriot. No, you do not need to remove the slides to replace the seals on either slide. You did not say if you are a "do it yourselfer" or want to have the work done by someone else. If you are a DIYer, I strongly recommend you consider Beaver Motor Coach Sales in Bend, OR. They are the facility that was directly across the parking lot from where your Beaver was assembled and, in my humble opinion, the most knowledgeable about the parts needed to do the change. I used them as a source for my replacement seals.

Since your coach needs new seals like mine did, you probably need the other things I did which include new slideout covers, replacement covers for your fans, and replacement covers for your air conditioners. All these things had oxidized on our rig and were very brittle. Just some things you need to check.

One final thing on the bedroom slide. When you or your repair facility have the slideout topper off the bedroom slide (which is necessary when you replace the top seal on the slideout) have them check the caulking on the top of the bedroom slide -- particularly about two feet in from the back of the coach. Our slideout had a significant "gap" in the caulking and really let a lot of rain into our bedroom when the slideout topper had gaps in the area that attaches to the coach. Plugging the gap, adding a new topper and replacing the seals resulted in no leaks on our last trip that had lots of rain. So all is well now.

Bob
Bob&AnnaMari is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beaver, replace, replacement, seal, slide, slideout