Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2011, 05:06 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Slideout Topper Awning

The time has come to replace the fabric in my slideout toppers. I found an ad for "Tough Top Awnings" in Arizona, I think on IRV-2 somewhere, and I wonder if anyone has tried their products? I have a quote from them for both of my slideouts and their price seems reasonable.(About $275) Any reviews would be most appreciated...

Don
JeepTJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2011, 05:36 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Don, You should at least talk to CheifDave, I dought that anybody knows more than Dave about canvas or canvas repair. Send him a private message.

PS, To bad you missed QZ, awnings were the main repair item this year. I believe the team work on six or seven coach's on all there toppers.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 02:40 PM   #3

Word for the wise. Make sure you check the dimensions of the awnings when you receive them. I found out that my quote did not match the dimensions of the awnings I received. On both awnings I received, the awning barely fit on the roller. The awnings shipped were basically the same dimension as the roller length. Their quote had the correct dimension, but shame on me for not double checking. I am hoping the awnings are going to work out OK and not have a problem long term. They do appear to fit on the roller, but only about 1/8" clearance on each end. Given this screw up, I would have a problem recommending Tough Top Awning as an OEM replacement. BTW...I though I had placed the order and when I did not receive it, I called. They said they never received the order. Maybe that should have been a warning about these guys. I gave them the benefit and still placed the order, but now I am have buyers remorse about dealing with them.

2004 Journey 32T
MNGolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 02:50 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Go to the web site. stonevos.com. -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 08:45 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I have these awnings on my slides. I measured as per the instructions and installed them myself (with the help of our son). These are vinyl coated fabric so they are not porous. Water will stay on them until you close the slides. I am happy with them.
Jeep trekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 04:31 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Willard View Post
Go to the web site. stonevos.com. -- Bill Willard
Anyone needing new slide topper, window awning, or main awning material can't go wrong by going to the website Bill has posted. Chris Throgmartin is the best in the business and a very upstanding guy. His work is second to none and he is also a Monaco owner and uses his own product. We have his toppers and couldn't be more pleased.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 04:52 AM   #7

We ordered the slide toppers from Tough Toppers using their instructions for measurement. They came quickly and were easy to install. We would buy from them again without hesitation
datrbone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 05:04 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Another recommendation here for Chris at Stone Vos. Top quality material, workmanship and customer service. Had him make new toppers for mine and price was reasonable and material is far superior to the OEM.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:17 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
x2 for stonevos.com
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 06:38 AM   #10

I use ToughTopAwnings.com exclusively for any topper replacements for my customers. I've never had any issues with communication, quality, order correctness or shipping. Ray or Tyler always answer the phone.

** A link to a previous thread about toughtopawnings...
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/tough...rs-195616.html
Old 09-07-2014, 01:19 PM   #11
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I just ordered two slide topper awnings from Tough Top. Their price was WAY below other quotes I got, and they pay the shipping! Can't say how good they are yet, but I've read really good things about them. Tyler is a good guy to deal with!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 07:08 AM   #12

Made it right

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNGolfer View Post
Word for the wise. Make sure you check the dimensions of the awnings when you receive them. I found out that my quote did not match the dimensions of the awnings I received. On both awnings I received, the awning barely fit on the roller. The awnings shipped were basically the same dimension as the roller length. Their quote had the correct dimension, but shame on me for not double checking. I am hoping the awnings are going to work out OK and not have a problem long term. They do appear to fit on the roller, but only about 1/8" clearance on each end. Given this screw up, I would have a problem recommending Tough Top Awning as an OEM replacement. BTW...I though I had placed the order and when I did not receive it, I called. They said they never received the order. Maybe that should have been a warning about these guys. I gave them the benefit and still placed the order, but now I am have buyers remorse about dealing with them.
I received an Email from Tyler apologizing for their screw up of the order. He offered to take the awnings back or if I was OK with trying them to make sure they worked, a $50 credit to my order. I opted for the credit as the old awnings had already been removed and the new ones installed. So far they are working fine. The roll up consistently and are not wandering on the roller tubes. Tyler is a stand up guy to deal with and will make it right.

2004 Journey 32T
MNGolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2014, 08:02 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
X 4 for Stone Vos……………
Old 10-11-2014, 11:20 AM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Stone Vos Inc
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awnings, canvass, slideout, toppers, vinyl