Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2018, 07:08 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Slideout upper trim rubbing on ceiling trim when slide is retracted

My Beaver coach has this decorative wood trim in the center of the ceiling. And slide out rooms also have decorative trim at their top edges (ceiling level).

I noticed now that the slideout trim is rubbing against the ceiling trim when the slide out is retracted (pulled in) on the living room slide. See photo.

There is an adjustment for the slide out (two large bolts at outer edges that can be screwed in or out to raise/lower that edge of slide out. However I'm not sure if that is the place to make an adjustment (or if that adjustment would help). Maybe raising the outer edge will drop the inner edge (so it doesnt rub on trim).

However the slide out does not appear to be sagging any (all the paint lines line up).

One person on the Beaver forum suggested I remove the upper wood trim and "plane/sand it down" at the center (where it crosses over the ceiling wood) so there is more clearance between the ceiling trim and top edge of this side trim. I'm not opposed to this idea, but this trim didn't rub when the coach was new so something has shifted/dropped.

What is the proper way to fix this? What is the easiest way to fix this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Beaver Living Room photo 2.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	288.4 KB
ID:	213571  
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2018, 08:06 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Are you putting slides out at ride height? Common problem if you are leveling first. Happens on mine also if I forget and level first. I know it seems wrong but Beaver/Monaco builds their coaches on the chassis at ride height and they say to put slides out at ride height. If not that than I don't have a clue.
gemert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 08:49 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Jerry,
I only move the slides when at ride height. Once slides are out then I level.
I think my old girl is just sagging a little.

I'm not sure how the slide rollers are set up on these coaches - are there inner and outer rollers? It seems like the floor is a little high (1/2") when the slide is in, seen where the slide floor comes over the coach floor. Like it is cocking to the outside.
Thanks.
Old 08-02-2018, 09:41 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
Hi Jerry,
I only move the slides when at ride height. Once slides are out then I level.
I think my old girl is just sagging a little.

I'm not sure how the slide rollers are set up on these coaches - are there inner and outer rollers? It seems like the floor is a little high (1/2") when the slide is in, seen where the slide floor comes over the coach floor. Like it is cocking to the outside.
Thanks.
That looks like your flush floor slide. No rollers, just the nylonish rub strip under there.
I dont have those ceiling strips, but my slide gets close to the ceiling when it tips to in.
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:19 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I'm not sure how this slide works (I need to figure out what style it is and download the drawings). I know is an HWH hydraulic slide.

This slide is not a "flush floor" type (if I correctly understand the differences). It does not "drop" down to be level with the coach floor. It sort of slides in and out at the same level - although the top does tilt in when it reaches full close just before the locks swing down and engage.

This is the bottom view (looking from roadside, underneath the partially extended slide, looking inward toward frame): So slide travels along this beam. I guess the rollers on the bottom keep slide from tilting "in" - are there rollers on the "top" too? -- still trying to figure out how this mechanism works...

EDIT: to add (lookign at my picture), I don't recall now if this beam with the gearing is part of the slide (hanging on the rollers) or that beam is part of chassis-frame and bracket with roller is connected to bottom of slide. I need to go back under coach and take another look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Main Slide2-with text.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	299.1 KB
ID:	213592  

Tags
ceiling, slide, slideout