Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-23-2010, 03:33 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Slides don't work after running generator

Here's a real puzzler.
We ran our generator about 2.5 hours for A/C while traveling this weekend. When we arrived at the campsite, the rear slide opened without a problem, but the 2 main slides didn't move. I had 13.5 volts so I cranked out both by hand. When we left the next day, I hit the buttons and the slides retracted no problem!!!!

We ran the generator on the way home and the refergerator started beeping (no power) we had it on electric. When we got home, I tried the slides and dead again. I'm sure puzzled on this one. Thanks for any suggestions...
Marty
howie-2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-23-2010, 07:07 PM   #2

maybe a transfer switch problem
Old 05-24-2010, 04:46 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
I believe the slide should work anyhow because their 12 volt motors. The slides work again this morning and the coach is not plugged in! Really confused.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:24 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
My slides work off the house batteries maybe there is a problem with the Inverter/Charger and the batteries are low.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:20 AM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Marty.....I agree with itdave......I think you have an issue with the inverter/charger. I would reset the inverter and see what happens. Also check for any loose battery connections in the battery bay.

Just looked at your coach and the product archives.....the inverter was an option....do you have one? If you do, it's most likely a Magnum. TYhere is a phone cord connection on the front. Remove the connection.....wait 30 seconds and reconnect.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 04:42 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Yes, I have a Zantrex........... I unplugged both phone jack type wires, waited, than replugged. I'll read-up on the inverter and search that option. Thank both of you, I'll keep you posted.
Marty
Old 05-24-2010, 04:51 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Do any of the bay doors have interlock switches on them to prevent the slides operation when a door is open? Our 04 Imperial has refused to run the living room slide out on a couple of occasions due to the brackest the switches are mounted on bending back and the doors failing to make the switch when closed.
Ron
Old 05-25-2010, 03:46 PM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Well another update..... I made sure the batteries were fully charged than I tried the system. The rear slide ran out with .10 amp draw, no problem. Than I tried the drivers side, nothing.... Passenger slide, nothing.... I decided to find out where the brains were for the slideouts. Found the box aith 5 relays and all the connections. Took all the connections off, looked at them (didn't know what else to do) plugged them back in and wiggled all the relays and gave them a finger thump to wake them up.

Went back inside and both slides went in and out with .10 amp draw. Hopefully there was just a loose relay and this solves my problem... I'll keep you posted.
Marty