Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-07-2019, 03:25 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Slides Not Working

2009 Monaco Knight 38PKQ

Long Explanation:

I was changing a lighted rocker switch to my water heater. Unplugged molex connector that powered both rockers for wtr htr. Changed rocker (success). About to put panel back when I heard a loud whining noise in bedroom area and burning smell, then overhead lights started to flicker. It was the inverter screaming for some reason so first I shut off both battery cut-off switches then shut down shore power. Power at box good, batteries voltage good, turn 12v back on(all good), checked ATS(all good), shut all 110v breakers off, plugged into shore power, ATS power good, 110v main on along with all breakers except inverter(all good), inverter breaker back on, sounds normal but absorb charging at 13.8v which its never done before. After about 10 minutes it settled back to float at 12.7v. All seemed good so exited coach to track burnt smell. Noticed rubber cap for hydraulic motor on ground. Opened door to put cap back on and burnt smell was weak but in that general area. No power to pump. 150 amp resettable break popped. Reset, checked power to pump motor good. Oops! Slides do not work! Wiring diagram shows 30 amp breaker that powers Lippert Slideout Brain. Thats good but where’s the Brain??? What else should I do or look for?
TIA
Gary
PapaGSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2019, 09:51 AM   #2

Isn't the brain near the hydraulic manifold? Find the manifold and the brain is in a box with clear plastic cover nearby?

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 10:39 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks. Ive searched that area but no luck. Manifold, tank, reservoir and pump in one unit in driver side bay after rear axle. Along with dash air unit and air dryer.
Old 12-10-2019, 06:24 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Don't know about 2009 unit, but the Slide Control Board in early 2000's(2002, 2003) is located in battery compartment. Yours could possibly be in the rear Passenger side Compartment.
Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:36 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutt View Post
Don't know about 2009 unit, but the Slide Control Board in early 2000's(2002, 2003) is located in battery compartment. Yours could possibly be in the rear Passenger side Compartment.

Sorry but not there either! Ive called Lippert and talked to two techs and got two different opinions. One said it exists and the other says it doesn’t. Very fustrating.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:06 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I suppose you have checked the rear and front fuse panels? Some times not all of the fuses are labeled correctly. You probably have already checked all of the 30 amp fuses to see if they are good. So, you may have to run a jumper wire directly to one of the slide motors and try to trace it backwards.
Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 10:42 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I’ve temporarily abandoned looking for it. In the exploration of it found that my pump motor is froze up. Used 1/2” socket and ratchet and it wont budge. Going to have a mechanic pull motor and bench test not hooked to pump and make sure pump gear rotates. Cant touch it myself as I have an extended warranty.
Old 12-18-2019, 05:32 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Slides Not Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaGSmurf View Post
I’ve temporarily abandoned looking for it. In the exploration of it found that my pump motor is froze up. Used 1/2” socket and ratchet and it wont budge. Going to have a mechanic pull motor and bench test not hooked to pump and make sure pump gear rotates. Cant touch it myself as I have an extended warranty.

Well the Lippert Brain that Lippert said didn’t exist was found. Replaced 5amp fuse on it and now have two of four slides working. Pump motor being replaced also as it died.
I guess Lippert could argue the point as the Brain was made by IDS Inc. But then again they bought out IDS and still make the Brain. Guess I could blame Monaco also for not being specific on the cad drawing.
Thanks all for suggestions.

Gary M

Tags
slide