Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2009, 09:03 PM   #71

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
Has anyone encountered problems with slides first?
I've had a problem with putting a slide back in after I retracted the levelers. Coach was at full ride height (per manual), but leaning to the left because that's the way the ground sloped. Very heavy full wall roadside slide depends on gravity too bring the leading edge down as it comes in. Not enough gravity on this occasion, due to slope. That caused leading inside edge of slide to destroy the bedroom ceiling light as it came in. I won't do that again. Sometimes common sense overrides the manual.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2009, 05:30 AM   #72
rek

All new diesel pushers may have 3 point but our front engine 2009 Monarch has 4 point. I believe they need to have 2 jacks in the front because of drive shaft.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:37 AM   #73

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route 66 View Post
After reading these Monaco threads on slides first or level first for years, I still fail to understand the aversion to following the manufacturers procedure.
Dirk,

The answer to that question is simple. With slides on both sides, it is definitely easier to position the coach, level it, deal with all the hook-ups, get the chairs and other stuff out of the bays, and THEN put out the slides. But Monaco says "don't do that". Like Kevin says, it's not an "aversion". There are some folks (like me) for whom going out of our way to "follow a rule", with no reasonable explanation for the "rule", simply goes against the grain. If I'm going to go to extra trouble to do something, I just want to know why.

As I've said before, the more I ponder this, the more I suspect that the real reason has to do with protecting the windshield. So, as for me, I've just decided that, until I'm reasonably convinced otherwise, I'm going to follow Monaco's slide rule to the extent that it protects the windshield. So I follow the "rule" in most cases, without aversion. But common sense would tell me not to do it that way when the coach is leaning to the left (due to my heavy full wall slide), or when I am setting up on a level pad (because twisting torque then is not sufficient to effect the windshield).
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #74

Monaco Owners Club
I guess with my 2002 Monaco Windsor coach that has auto-air leveling, I don't have all of the same worries that most of the poster's have with air/hydraulic jacks. I simply park, extend slides, level and I'm done with it. My only problem is that the sleep mode of the leveling system does not work, meaning that the small air compressor located over the front axle doesn't maintain the air to keep the coach level. So every so often I start the engine and pump up the bags as high as they will go, then manual level from there. Then as the coach settles, meaning that the bags slowly leak, I manually lower the high side until it is level again. PITA to do it that way but I need to do more trouble shooting on the air compressor to see why it doesn't come on and maintain the air supply tank.

Also, I read that one previous poster had remarked that his air leveling system did NOT have a air bag dump switch. My HWH does, and it is located on the same panel. There is one labeled DUMP with 4 arrows pointing down and another labeled RAISE with 4 arrows pointing up. FYI.
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote