Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2021, 10:59 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Slides Without Leveling?

Not my thread but might still fit. New to the Monaco, can I push them out while at ride ht and not bother leveling if in my driveway. I have auto level but know it could never get to level. How much out of level can it stay at while at ride ht and slides out?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2021, 04:56 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ok this post got moved from a different thread to its own by a moderator which is ok. There just so many slide threads going on right now. Here’s the dilemma that I’m not 100% clear on.
Ok after leveling with auto level from ride ht position how do you get the coach to ride ht again from level before bringing slides back in as suggested. I’m in my driveway currently there is a slope I have 4.5” of blocking under the front wheels to help with the leveling, but auto level cannot handle the difference, however the “excessive slope” light is not on so I’m assuming it’s level enough and now how do I get it to ride ht or do I just bring in the slides and and start the engine and let it do it’s thing? Very confusing.
Old 05-28-2021, 05:06 AM   #3

Start your engine and push the off button on your air level system. This will let the air bags air up to ride height.
Old 05-28-2021, 06:12 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniedmo View Post
Start your engine and push the off button on your air level system. This will let the air bags air up to ride height.

Great that’s the answer I’m looking for. The HWH guide is confusing. There is a lot of steps to go thru just to bring the slides back in for a short period of time after leveling and then back out again to achieve level.
Old 05-28-2021, 06:53 AM   #5

Usually you press travel to get to ride height, and you should be at ride height to extend or retract your slides.
Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 12:18 PM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by miniedmo View Post
X2!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2021, 12:33 PM   #7
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
One word of caution here Todd. Let's assume that you have dumped all the air to get the step closer to the ground. When you start the engine and turn off the HWH leveling system the "Travel" light will come on before the coach is actually at travel height! If you were to start driving as soon as the light comes on you could damage the front tires against the wheel wells! I always do a visual check of the actual height before pulling out!
Old 05-28-2021, 07:48 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yep thanks Joe.
Old 07-18-2021, 11:48 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ok here we go again. I’m in my driveway I’ve driven up on 4 1/2” of blocks on the front. The coach is at Travel ht as it should be before I drove up on the blocks. The coach isn’t level but is at Travel height so I push the bedroom slide out because that’s really the one I need out. Now I go to Auto level and instead of it inflating it purges off some air I think front drivers side. I was expecting it to inflate. Now keep in mind it’s not level I manually raised the front some not much but it’s level enough to get around comfortably, I didn’t want to manually over extend the front airbags.
Now to get back at Travel ht. after being leveled which it is not, I turn off the Auto leveler start the coach let it seek Travel ht and then pull the slide in and then drive off my blocks? I know why it’s saying to extend at Travel ht. but how much out of level AT TRAVEL HT IS IT OK TO EXTEND? This is what is not being explained. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0994.JPG
Views:	31
Size:	543.1 KB
ID:	336434Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0995.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	526.5 KB
ID:	336435
Old 07-18-2021, 12:22 PM   #10

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
You should be fine extending / retracting your slides at 'travel' height, where you are parked.

I'm just concerned if one corner is much higher or lower than the rest.
Old 07-18-2021, 12:43 PM   #11
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
You can extend or retract the slides at travel height, whether it's level or not. I don't think it would be possible to over-extend the airbags.

The reason for operating the slideouts at travel height is so the entire chassis is flat, even though not level. When you level, one corner of the chassis could be "twisted" and could affect the slideout mechanism.
Old 07-18-2021, 01:53 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
So you guys understand what I was asking it seems. So even if not very level as long as it’s at ride ht as it is in my driveway go ahead. I don’t really need it level to do what I want to do after pushing slides out so I could just leave it at ride ht and push them out and not even worry about leveling after that. It’s the bigger slides that are on arms that concerned me more.
Old 07-18-2021, 02:45 PM   #13

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Yep, your fine.

If you have an absorption fridge, I wouldn't turn it on at that slope.
Old 07-18-2021, 03:32 PM   #14
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Yep, your fine.

If you have an absorption fridge, I wouldn't turn it on at that slope.
X2!