Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-07-2007, 05:36 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Alpine Recreation in Morgan Hill, CAlifornia. Bought two coaches from them in 12 months. Treated me great at the time of sale but their service department leaves "something to be desired". (To say the least).

2007 Camelot 40 PDQ
Freemn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-07-2007, 04:20 PM   #16

You can get to the rear of the hose reel through the the access panel in the storage bay. You can bypass the hose reel and that will let you know if the restriction is in there.

Carl
Old 11-08-2007, 06:53 AM   #17

I have a 07 Camalot, & had the same low pressure -- I took the factory "whole house" filter off, went to Lowes, & got a real whole house filter -- This filter is for a 3/4 inch line, but I reduced it to 1/2 inch -- I was carefull to use i/2 IND line (not faucet supply lines)to connect to the fittings where the original filter was -- I did not have to alter the coach plumbing -- I had to mount the new filter on the plastic board -- I now have good pressure --- Billy
Billy Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:20 AM   #18

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Freemn2:
I've tried it without the regulator and makes no difference. I do, however, have the hose reel and I am seriously suspecting a kink somewhere. Of course they put the hose reel where you can't visually inspect for a kink but that is my next area to inspect. The only thing that troubles me there is that if the kink was bad enough to stop the water from getting to the fresh water holding tank, it would stopping the water from getting to the coach not just decreasing the flow...... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Last weekend, I noticed that ours was running a little lean, so I pulled the hose out all the way. This helped the flow, but also identified a problem. Not sure how it is happening, but the darn hose has numerous cuts, some quite deep. Is it possible that the electric hose reel is chewing up the hose? If so, how do you replace the hose?
Mbl Cndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:30 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Billy

Would this be better than just taking the filter off and putting in the deverter?

2007 Camelot 40 PDQ
Old 11-08-2007, 09:27 AM   #20

I tried putting in the deverter, but that didn`t help -- The factory set-up is ok for under the sink filter, but it reduces the out put to 3/8th in. -- That is why I was careful to use 1/2in. inside diameter tubing for install-- Lowes has a under the sink filter that looks the same as the whole house filter -- The difference in one is 3/8th connections, & the other is 3/4in --
Billy Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 10:34 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Billy! I'm going to try it.

You folks are so terrific. I have learned more and received more information from the Monaco Owners Forum on this site than anywhere else! Thanks again

2007 Camelot 40 PDQ
Old 11-12-2007, 10:16 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Just talked to Monaco service, warranty, and then parts departments. They are sending me , (under warranty), a new City/Fresh valve and a new check valve to have installed in my coach. They indicated that while it is not a "known issue" it is a recurring one and they advised to change out both valves and authorized it under warranty.

Dealing with Monaco has actually been a very pleasant experience for me. Not one time have they been anything but helpful and accomodating. I have never had a problem with them.

I'll let you all know how this works when the shop puts them in.

2007 Camelot 40 PDQ
Old 11-16-2007, 10:11 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Has it always been slow? I had my coach at the factory and for some reason my filters got switched around. The Dynasty has 2 filters and they are not interchangeable. I picked up the coach and left for a three week trip and had awful water pressure. At first I thought it was the camp grounds, but found out later that the filters had gotten switched. Switched everything back like it was suppose to be and now have great water pressure.
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 10:46 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
My coach only has one filter. It is in the service bay and it is called a "whole coach" filter. Has one big cartridge.

Am I missing one somewhere?

2007 Camelot 40 PDQ
Old 11-17-2007, 03:53 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Wow, it's good to know that we are not the only ones with this problem. It's quite embarrassing, when fueling up, dumping, and filling the water tank at a flying J (or anywhere) to take so long to fill the water tank. We had our service people look at it, and they called Monaco as well as inspected it and changed all the filters, and it's still very slow to fill. (Although changing the filters did correct the low water pressure from the coach faucets).

Can someone please explain to me (like I'm a blonde) how to remove this "whole house filter" and put an adapter on it to take water in directly? Thank you in advance...

Brenda, of...
Old 02-10-2008, 04:22 PM   #26

All the outside flows through the water filter at a very slow flow rate. You will need to remove it altogether (the water filter in the service bay) and go to an external water filter to get your flow rate up! You can pick them up at home depot. I have also installed a residential water pressure regulater with a 3/4 inch input in front of my filter to protect the water lines in the coach.
d1walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 02:39 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Yep, same problem with our Camelot, and I quickly removed the filter and installed the diverter freeze plug. This filter system was designed for under the sink, not for filtering the whole house or filling the water tank.

Monaco realized this and relocated it under the sink in the 2008 Camelots and now you'll find no filter system in the 2008 wet bay.

CC