Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2022, 04:26 PM   #1

Sm 210 controller

Hello everyone I’m looking for a smart wheel 210 controller.
Cdr151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2022, 07:04 PM   #2

We need the part number off your current controller.
gjames50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 04:35 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjames50 View Post

I’ll have to get it on Thur my coach is 2 hrs away.
Old 05-02-2022, 04:38 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjames50 View Post

Actually went back through web search here is my specific part number

#00-00895-100
Old 05-02-2022, 06:10 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Contact M&M Electronics, it appears they are a dealer and might be able to help
https://www.mmrvelectronics.com/prod...e/00-00895-100
They may be able to repair you module
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 07:05 AM   #6

There appears to be limited (or zero) stock on these controllers.

You are going to need to get on the phone with some dealers. Or send yours in for repair.

What should help broaden your search however is that this the SM210 style controller. The SM210 superseded the SM209. I want to say the SM210 had some improvements like a higher amp relay to keep from burning it out.

From the IMMI website: "The SM209 controller has been superseded by the SM210 controller. Any revision SM210 can be used to replace an SM209. They are plug compatible and no changes are required to make the substitution."

Based on this it appears you could use nearly any version of the SM210 you find. NOTE: You will need to set the Jumper JP1 to Match your Current Controllers Jumper position(s).

I would recommend you reaching out to IMMI also. Here are some links and possibly one where you may still be able to purchase from.

RV Parts Express: https://rvpartsexpress.com/product/i...-00-00895-100/
Radwell (they can repair and have some for sale): https://www.radwell.com/en-US/Buy/VE...PRODUCTS/SM210
M&M Eletronics (they usually repair stuff but maybe they have spares): https://www.mmrvelectronics.com/prod...e/00-00895-100
IMMI Website that mentions the SM209 and SM210: https://www.imminet.com/immi-vip-whe...oubleshooting/

You can also try to hit up the RV Salvage yards like Visone RV, Colaw RV, etc (many mom & pop ones).

If you find a solution please post it as to help others.

Good luck!
gjames50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 10:50 AM   #7

Thanks everyone. I have vip making me a new one should be sent out in 2 weeks.
Old 08-07-2022, 10:36 PM   #8

Did you find this controller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdr151 View Post
Hello everyone I’m looking for a smart wheel 210 controller.
Just wondering if you ever got this resolved. We’re you able to find a new controller? I’m currently dealing with SmartWheel failure issues and have the same controller.

Tried unplugging and plugging back in all connections. Didn’t make any difference.

Please share what your experience or what solution you found.
vtwinwilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 06:52 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
VIP Smartwheel has pretty good trouble shooting guide.

But another place to look is at the steering wheel controls. There is a wiring harness coming down the steering column, the harness sometimes comes apart.

Next this is the clock spring in the steering column, it does goes go bad and can be replaced, sometimes just cleaning the contacts solves the problem.
Old 08-08-2022, 01:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
VIP Smartwheel has pretty good trouble shooting guide.

But another place to look is at the steering wheel controls. There is a wiring harness coming down the steering column, the harness sometimes comes apart.

Next this is the clock spring in the steering column, it does goes go bad and can be replaced, sometimes just cleaning the contacts solves the problem.
Jim,

Thanks for the response. Using links found here on IRV2 I was able to track down some pretty good documentation. After studying it a bit, I went out to the MH, removed the cover from the steering wheel, and was able to check continuity from just above the ClockSpring to down below where the wiring plugs into the coach harness.

It appears that I've lost continuity on terminal 1, the MPX Signal (yellow wire) which is the lead that communicates with the controller. I was able to confirm this by using jumper leads to bypass the Clock Spring and everything started working. So my controller is good. The issue is with the Clock Spring

Later today I'm going to go get a steering wheel puller so I can get to the Clock Spring. Then I'll see if I can find a replacement on-line. I think the part number is 1900043, but would like to get the old one out to confirm. Do you know of a good source?

Also, while I've got it out, I'll try to determine if it's a break internally, or in the yellow wire itself. If it's just a break in the wire I'll solder it back together.

As a side thought. . . I have 4 conductors (my panel is illuminated) and 3 of them have continuity through the Clock Spring. I might just switch the MPX Signal wire (yellow) with the Backlight Ground wire (black). I'll loose my illuminated buttons, but at least it will provide Smart Wheel functions until I can source a new clock spring.

Let me know you thoughts.
Old 08-08-2022, 04:01 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
I know that Veurinks carries them.
https://shop.findmyrvparts.com/clock...3-p/190063.htm

Here's another source but have to confirm PN

https://parts.spartanrvchassis.com/c...kk1-83001.html
I think it is the same thing.
Old 08-08-2022, 07:51 PM   #12

Jim,

Thanks for the links.

The Clock Spring I removed this evening looks exactly like the one shown in your second link for Spartan RV Chassis. It appears to me that it's the older version, and the one shown for Veurinks is the newer version.

In any event, there's not a part number anywhere on my clock spring, so pulling it didn't do anything to determine the part number. On the other hand, once I got it out, I was able to run a continuity test across the clock spring itself and that is where the failure is. Inside the clock spring.

I'll have to start calling these guys in the morning.

It's amazing how much people are charging for these things. They are after all, very simple devices.

Bill B
Old 08-09-2022, 12:10 AM   #13

Are they still being made. Apparently my M11 vent tube grommet is no longer made. I found a couple for $100ish ...no joke . One for M12 $8 shipped, it supposedly was the same fit the cover but ID is smaller for 90 hose barb enters it. I made it work lol.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 07:40 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtwinwilly View Post
Jim,

Thanks for the links.

The Clock Spring I removed this evening looks exactly like the one shown in your second link for Spartan RV Chassis. It appears to me that it's the older version, and the one shown for Veurinks is the newer version.

In any event, there's not a part number anywhere on my clock spring, so pulling it didn't do anything to determine the part number. On the other hand, once I got it out, I was able to run a continuity test across the clock spring itself and that is where the failure is. Inside the clock spring.

I'll have to start calling these guys in the morning.

It's amazing how much people are charging for these things. They are after all, very simple devices.

Bill B
I have the parts page for my steering column. It shows the Clock Spring Kit PN as 1900043
You might try posting to the Country Coach forum to see if anyone can provide a part number for the Clock Spring.
In all likelihood they may be the same but you never know with different manufacturers.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1 Steering Colunm Assembly.pdf (151.2 KB, 26 views)

Tags
controller