Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2010, 07:41 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Smart wheel problems

we have a 08 beaver contessa that has a problem with the wiper and cruise control buttons working sometimes and other times not working at all. Sometimes only the washer/wiper button works the wipers, then sometimes no wiper button will work anything and same time the cruise control button will not work, other times they wiil be not working and then allmof a sudden all buttons will work. I have appt at lazydays to have it checked out but wiuld appreciate any ideas thanks
beatsworking is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2010, 07:49 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Could be wiring connections or the ClockSpring. Maybe.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:51 PM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
beatsworking....Here is a starting point for you. It's SmartWheels troubleshooting guide that discusses your problem and how to test for it.

http://alpinecoachassociation.com/ch...ng%20Guide.pdf
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:56 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
follow up on smart wheel

Not being technically gifted, I brought coach to lazydays and guess what, smart wheel worhed perfectly!!! After they took wheel apart, I am now told it is the control module that needs to be replaced so i am waiting for ok from our extended warranty company to see what they will cover after my $500 ded. First time I had to try to use it so we will see how good the good sam coverage is. Hope this takes care of the problem.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:11 PM   #5

I had the very same problem with my 06. I think it ended up being either a loose connection or pinched wire. I took the steering colum appart (easy) so I could see the wires, played with them a little and darn no problem since.

Good luck
Old 02-25-2010, 02:26 PM   #6
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
It was a pinched wire that caused my SW problems.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:33 AM   #7

Beatsworking,
I'm due to close on my Sig purchase tomorrow and trying to decide if I should go with the National Warranty that Lazy Days sells or choose someone else. If you get an answer re Sam's today, I'd like to hear how they did.
billsmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:26 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I had the cruse problem and it was the clips where it attached to the brake switches (more than one)on the fire wall just above the gen, I just pinched the clips closer together and reinstalled.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 06:57 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
smart wheel problem

Problem was the control module , Good Sams took care of all cost except for 250 deed. The Lazydays service rep Johhny took care of everything with Good sams great job by all.