RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-09-2011, 11:02 AM   #1

So how's the Monaco service been lately...

Looking at buying a Monaco RV. Worried about the customer service and support from Monaco and its authorized service dealers. I know the company is under new ownership. In this economy, and not a lot of buyers out there, I would think service would be a job-one. Looking at Tiffin, Newmar, and Monaco. Found a 07 Dynasty I really like. Customer service is important and Tiffin and Newmar have a solid reputation. How about Monaco?? So how's the service been lately? Thanks

Recon4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2011, 01:13 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
During the last few months I have needed some technical assistance and parts. Each time I contacted Monaco I have been well pleased with the support and prompt shipping. IMHO your "not a lot of buyers out there" statement doesn't hold support as RV sales over the past 12 months has been up quite a bit. I see lots of post about new RVers and new purchases. Also, I have seen several news articles about the RV industry being on a climb.

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 06:30 PM   #3

Excellent so far.
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 10:53 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Navastar Monaco service is as good as it gets from my personal experience.
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:46 AM   #5

texnet: I don't know wher you read that RV sales are up but certainly Class A sales are way down. Many of the articles being written on RV sales are done by PR people who ant to paint a good picture. I know that Thor sales are up but most of the others are way down. I will look for the "real" statistics" and post them.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 06:56 AM   #6

texnet: Here are some figures to peruse.

Year-over-year retail towable sales remained flat in July – down 2.3% – while registrations were up 5.1% for the first seven months. January of this year was the last month that showed a marked increase for the sector, recording a 13.5% gain from 2010. According to the latest report from Statistical Surveys Inc., July results were: • Sales for the high-volume travel trailer sector slid 0.1% in July and rose 7.7% year-to-date. • Fifth-wheel registrations were down 1.8% for the month

Class B motorhome or camper van retail sales were down 20.5% in July compared to 2010, and fell 31.0% for the first seven months. According to the latest report from Statistical Surveys Inc. (SSI), Roadtrek Motorhomes Inc. retained its commanding lead in year-to-date Class B sales, owning a 50.7% market share. Fellow Canadian builder Pleasure-Way Industries Ltd. was second with a 25% market share. Thor Industries Inc. was the top U.S. manufacturer for the seven months, holding the No. 3 slot

Year-over-year motorhome sales edged down 6.4% in July while registrations for the first seven months remained flat, up just 1.3%, according to the latest report from Statistical Surveys Inc. (SSI). Thor Industries Inc. remained the overall motorhome sales leader through July with a 22.2% market share followed by Winnebago Industries Inc. (18.1%), Forest River Inc.’s Coachmen RV division (12.1%) and Forest River (12.0%). In the Class A category, overall sales in July retreated 5.3% compared
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 09:19 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I've had great support from the new Monaco, even on my '99. Got some parts from them I figured were gone a long time ago.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:54 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
moisheh... Good info, but it is only referring to new units. Since registrations were up I believe the used market was also up... or maybe it was just a bunch of folks pulling RVs out of several years of storage!

texnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 05:59 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
What is the point of this blog?
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:41 AM   #10

Since owning our Windsor last DEC, I have utilized the 800 number tech support from navistar-monaco several times now. I have been quite pleased with their support and patience over the phone. hope this helps you out
BikerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 08:45 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to CFXCH
Monaco Tech support and parts department have been really helpful for me

Old 10-15-2011, 08:25 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
My last call was very pleasant. Gave them my coach number and they shipped all the parts I asked for with one mistake (got an exhaust tip for gen set when I needed the tip for the CAT). I decided to keep the wrong tip just in case and reordered the correct one. No problems.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 12:05 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdarby View Post
Found a 07 Dynasty I really like.
Our first coach was a '07 Dynasty....Great coach and we would still have it if the better half hadn't seen the '08 Signature that we now have...Moral of this story...stay away from RV shows..
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 04:54 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb5300 View Post
Our first coach was a '07 Dynasty....Great coach and we would still have it if the better half hadn't seen the '08 Signature that we now have...Moral of this story...stay away from RV shows..
Charles,

Now you tell me! We are sitting here at the FMCA GEAR in Winston-Salem just acrosss from all the dealer units on display.

Bob

nodine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco, service