Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2012, 10:15 AM   #71

Monaco Owners Club
Any updates Crah on your quest to solve your ill handling coach??? Just wondering if you have made any progress..

CHEERS
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2012, 12:54 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Cruiser
Any updates Crah on your quest to solve your ill handling coach??? Just wondering if you have made any progress..

CHEERS
I've been playing with the ride height a bit. Still trying to find tires in town first then a new 4 wheel alignment. Not having much luck with tires. I have another long trip in memorial day weekend. Will try max front tire pressure and lowered ride height.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #73

You should have the toe in adjusted to 1/8 to 3/16th of an inch.
Start at 1/8 and try it. My 32' required 3/16" to make it drive right.
Stock caster should be 5.5°. I like mine at 6-7º.
Tire pressure on those 169's should be 95# in front and 90# in the rear.
You may have to go 5# more to stop some of the sway.
I ran these tires and if you don't keep the pressures up- they river fast

HTH
sjholt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:33 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjholt
You should have the toe in adjusted to 1/8 to 3/16th of an inch.
Start at 1/8 and try it. My 32' required 3/16" to make it drive right.
Stock caster should be 5.5°. I like mine at 6-7º.
Tire pressure on those 169's should be 95# in front and 90# in the rear.
You may have to go 5# more to stop some of the sway.
I ran these tires and if you don't keep the pressures up- they river fast

HTH
Ive had this thing aligned 3 separate times but don't think the shops new what they were doing. I've requested 1/8 toe in and max castor. I recently manually checked the toe and it didn't seem like it was in. I do know the shop I went to had no way of printing out the final results. Ive been looking for a capable shop in Vegas for a while now. Not having much luck. I called Freightliner today and they said they don't have a machine to do a diesel pusher.
Old 05-12-2012, 08:21 AM   #75
YC1

The shop I had align my front end didn't give me a readout either. Old school shop that has done this for 60 years. It took them 2.5 hours and it was $250. They test drove it 3 4 times until they were satisfied. When done I could see two shimp between the axel and frame area. All this small company does is large trucks so they have plenty of experience. The thing improved 80%. It was still light in the centering action and needed to much steering input to keep it straight. Ride height, four corner weighing helped but still didn't lock it straight down the road. I added the Safe-t-plus steering stabilizer and built an electric trim kit. That took it to about 95 % satisfaction. After adding the sway bars it sticks in the lane I put it in and now I can cruise into retirement knowing it doesn't get much better short of a tag axel on this long heavy monster.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 10:39 AM   #76

Monaco Owners Club
I added the items to my Navastar that you did YCi, with the same results. Nice handling coach. deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:15 PM   #77
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by deSanford View Post
I added the items to my Navastar that you did YCi, with the same results. Nice handling coach. deSanford
And with the fan kit and engine chip it surprises folks next to me at stop lights. "Where did that house go"?. To the fuel station of course.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 05:20 PM   #78

Monaco Owners Club
Oh I forgot to mention the engine chip and the source fan YCI. deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote