Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-31-2017, 03:56 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We were just at Speedco yesterday our bill was 331.50 for ISL oil and two fuel filters and also included the Generator oil, fuel and air filter.
A side note, Speedco and all of there outlets have been sold to Love's. They take over today.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2017, 05:47 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Last time I was at SpeedCo the tech didn't tighten my generator fuel line to the filter. Diesel was leaking for days before I noticed it. Also, they never seem to have my filters in stock. I had to buy one at NAPA and have them install it.
Dan & April Mastroluca-2001 Monaco Diplomat 36PBD Cummins ISC330HP 8.3L Diesel 6-Speed Allison Transmission-Toad= 2017 Ford Fusion Energi w/ Roadmaster Falcon II tow bar & Roadmaster Invisibrake FMCA# F452291 https://www.facebook.com/dmastroluca
dmastroluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 06:17 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Had the same problem with them not having one of my filters in stock. Since then, I carry a complete set of filters (oil & fuel) with me. I have them use my filters, this way I know the quality of the filters used.
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 01:59 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
I decided this year to do my own oil/filter changes every other year and then have SpeedCo do the other ones including the generator PM.
Dan & April Mastroluca-2001 Monaco Diplomat 36PBD Cummins ISC330HP 8.3L Diesel 6-Speed Allison Transmission-Toad= 2017 Ford Fusion Energi w/ Roadmaster Falcon II tow bar & Roadmaster Invisibrake FMCA# F452291 https://www.facebook.com/dmastroluca
dmastroluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 06:09 AM   #19

An update. I went to the Speedco in Amarillo yesterday, one I have been to and satisfied with numerous times. Loves has definitely taken over, in fact the Loves representative or overseer was there. They are having all sorts of issues switching over to the Loves computer system. My normal 1 hour stop exceeded 2 hours. The Loves guy came out and walked over to our coach and announced how he hates to work on motorhomes, they are a pain and ridiculous to work on. I asked if he was trying to gain me as a customer or asking me to leave?? He backed off and said it was his personal experience when he was turning wrenches that he hated to work on motorhomes as spaces and accessibility was limited. I said it is what it is. I then asked if Loves was intending to do away with Speedco working on motorhomes, he said no, they will still do oil changes. So combined with the fact it was a Sunday, and so I believe newer more junior people working, and me watching carefully, I finally got out in a little over two hours. The price was $360, $30 more than last year. Once they get the computer issues solved I believe things will go back closer to normal, although the Loves representatives comments make me wonder??
Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 07:39 AM   #20

Interesting thread. I've been doing my own service since I purchased my coach, but recently I was contemplating doing the Speedco deal.

IIRC at the last time the parts cost me @ $212.00 and I looked at Speedco a while back and the last I looked it would cost me @ $270.00 - $300.00 and thought that was more than reasonable IMO so I figured for a few bucks I would make switch to Speedco when I come back from Snowbirding next year.

However after reading this thread, I think I will continue doing my own service, I dont care to have someone working on my coach who does not like to service motorcoach's ..... I have way too much to lose....and if they service them with a poor attitude?.....that will show in the quality of the workmanship and can not end well sooner or later.

So it's a good thing that on my last service here at my home that I did put in the Fumoto valve ....for a couple of reasons.
Old 11-06-2017, 08:36 AM   #21

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRoy View Post
Interesting thread. I've been doing my own service since I purchased my coach, but recently I was contemplating doing the Speedco deal.

IIRC at the last time the parts cost me @ $212.00 and I looked at Speedco a while back and the last I looked it would cost me @ $270.00 - $300.00 and thought that was more than reasonable IMO so I figured for a few bucks I would make switch to Speedco when I come back from Snowbirding next year.

However after reading this thread, I think I will continue doing my own service, I dont care to have someone working on my coach who does not like to service motorcoach's ..... I have way too much to lose....and if they service them with a poor attitude?.....that will show in the quality of the workmanship and can not end well sooner or later.

So it's a good thing that on my last service here at my home that I did put in the Fumoto valve ....for a couple of reasons.
Note that the 'Love's representative' was there working on the computer system and 'used to turn wrenches,' so I don't think he would be working on your RV.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 10:42 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Note that the 'Love's representative' was there working on the computer system and 'used to turn wrenches,' so I don't think he would be working on your RV.
I certainly didnt base my opinion on what the IT guys opinion was of things ....I based it on things like when being serviced filling the diesel genny cooling system with motor oil, fuel lines left loose and the likes, and that certainly doesn't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

My real word experience of having my coach serviced a few times and from what I have gleened here at irv2 over the years is that in most cases BIG truck service techs dont like to service coach's and I understand why ..im many cases thing are more cramped and having to keep thing clean clean.

You point is well taken, however my decision wasn't based solely on what the IT guy said at Speedco / Loves

Happy Trails
Old 11-06-2017, 04:27 PM   #23

Just to clear this up. The Loves guy who was there was not an IT guy, he was the Loves person in charge taking over the Speedco in Amarillo. The one thing that Speedco does is encourage you to watch, direct, and check their work, without that I would never go there. My point was I hope that the Loves guy isn't representative of Loves attitude towards motorhomes.
Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 05:14 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
All the Speedco internet pages are no longer active and when I search the Loves/speedco pages no RV prices are posted Sounds like Loves is making a “lot” of changes !
Old 11-06-2017, 07:47 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill767 View Post
Just to clear this up. The Loves guy who was there was not an IT guy, he was the Loves person in charge taking over the Speedco in Amarillo. The one thing that Speedco does is encourage you to watch, direct, and check their work, without that I would never go there. My point was I hope that the Loves guy isn't representative of Loves attitude towards motorhomes.
Your statement of
Quote:
" Note that the 'Love's representative' was there working on the computer system
is what made me think he was a IT guy.

No matter what his position?..... we both seem to agree that sure seems to be a very poor attitude to have and put on display in front of customers.

Happy Trails
Old 11-06-2017, 08:08 PM   #26

Speedco...

I'll wait for results and act accordingly.
The words of one loose tongue is not the words of the home folks
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:50 PM   #27

Informative reading about Love's "acquisition will add 52 trucking service and lube locations to the Love’s truck stop network." Speedco acquired by Love's truck stop chain | Fleet Owner

Speedco and Love's will continue to operate as separate entities for a while, until then Speedco will continue operations as usual. When it is folded into Love's Truck Tire Care division, things will change. https://www.loves.com/en/truck-solutions/speedco
Every Speedco I've patronized, you must pull-in from the exit door due to placement of their used oil handling equipment. They are fine with that, BUT waiting truck drivers get ticked off quickly because added wait time is costing them money.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 04:59 AM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Since I couldn't find any reference to RV service on the Loves-Speedco website, I sent an email to them asking if they would still be servicing RV's and if their Love service areas would service Rvs. Following is their response.

"Hello Ken, thank you for taking the time to contact us here at Love’s!

The Speedco locations will continue to service RVs/motor homes but that scope of service will not carry over to the non-Speedco service locations. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any additional questions, comments or concerns.

Thanks again for reaching out to us, we appreciate your business!

Kindest regards,

April Z.
Love’s Travel Stops"
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote