RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2020, 11:16 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Splendide 2000 Leak - Grey line?

Hi folks!

Looks like I have a new leak. This time on the washer/condenser dryer unit which is a Splendide 2000. I'm wondering if anyone has cased something similar?

The leak is coming from the right rear bottom. If I open the filter door and shine a flashlight in there I can see water on the pan. There is a plastic fan in there with a motor. The water appears to be just behind that.

Any ideas?

Also, it makes a bit of screeching noise at times when the drum moves.
BobJones is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-23-2020, 11:24 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Your best bet for help is to call :
Westland Sales Corporate and Service Headquarters
15650 SE 102nd Ave. (PO Box 427), Clackamas, OR 97015
Toll Free:1-800-356-0766 #5 (503-656-2280)

They are the West coast distribution center for Splenedide and offer excellent phone support.

They talked me through disassembling my washer to replace the control board even sending me color pictures with wires marked so I would not screw up reassembly.

Great people.
bdpreece is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 11:31 AM   #3

Country Coach Owners Club
Time to pull it out of the cabinet and flip it on its side
Old 12-23-2020, 01:05 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdpreece View Post
Your best bet for help is to call :
Westland Sales Corporate and Service Headquarters
15650 SE 102nd Ave. (PO Box 427), Clackamas, OR 97015
Toll Free:1-800-356-0766 #5 (503-656-2280)

They are the West coast distribution center for Splenedide and offer excellent phone support.

They talked me through disassembling my washer to replace the control board even sending me color pictures with wires marked so I would not screw up reassembly.

Great people.
This was excellent advice! Thanks for helping.

I pulled it last night and the water pump is leaking. Turns out, most parts for this unit are no longer made. Very little left. Apparently, the company that actually makes the unit relocated to Poland and then stopped making parts for it. So what's left is what you can get.

Fortunately, they had pump gaskets, which is what was leaking. So I ordered up two of them, plus a replacement button for the one that fell off. I also found out how to bypass the door switch so that you can open it at any time. (a handy mod).

It looks like I'll be good to go. Btw, the pump itself is not longer available but I did run into some posts that said words to the effect that they are more/less all the same, if you go to a appliance repair place they can probably match up something that would work.
Old 12-23-2020, 10:13 PM   #5

Mine is also leaking, have not had time to check where leak is coming from.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 10:45 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbound View Post
Mind if I make a suggestion ?
Old 12-23-2020, 10:48 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobJones View Post
This was excellent advice! Thanks for helping.

I pulled it last night and the water pump is leaking. Turns out, most parts for this unit are no longer made. Very little left. Apparently, the company that actually makes the unit relocated to Poland and then stopped making parts for it. So what's left is what you can get.

Fortunately, they had pump gaskets, which is what was leaking. So I ordered up two of them, plus a replacement button for the one that fell off. I also found out how to bypass the door switch so that you can open it at any time. (a handy mod).

It looks like I'll be good to go. Btw, the pump itself is not longer available but I did run into some posts that said words to the effect that they are more/less all the same, if you go to a appliance repair place they can probably match up something that would work.
What was the door mod?
Mile Marker 42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 06:17 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Here's the training manual for your WD. Hope it helps. Keep us posted and let us know what you find.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Splendide Training Manual Pre 2002.pdf (1.92 MB, 9 views)
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 12:09 PM   #9

Suggestions are welcomed.
Old 12-24-2020, 01:47 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile Marker 42 View Post
What was the door mod?
The door mod is changing the wiring around so that the door can be opened at any time (it doesn't lock). This makes it easy to add that sock that you forgot but, according to the rep, one of the most common repairs needed is that lock and it's caused by people trying to open the door when it's locked and not waiting for the 2 minute timer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veraken View Post
Here's the training manual for your WD. Hope it helps. Keep us posted and let us know what you find.
Thank you - I had one but it's always helpful as other people will need it

Quote:
Suggestions are welcomed.
Sooner is better than later......

First pic is the cheap plastic valves that the factory put in. The hot water valve did not work properly. When I took the washer out, and turned it off, hot water still came through. This was not the source of the leak, but it was cheap junk.

Second pic is the floor that the washer sits on. It's not easy to see but it was wet. I thought I better pull it up and look underneath.

Third pic is the carpet (of all things) that was under the floor that the washer sits on. It was gross. 100% soaked to the extent I had to put it in a bag to get it out of the unit.....

Fourth pic is the actual floor. Standing water. Some of that water migrated over to the hot water tank compartment which is where I first saw it. I had no clue the washer was leaking until I saw that...and started wondering where it was coming from....

Some of the water than migrated to the side wall and then ran all the way down to the bedroom......

I guess what I'm saying is, if anyone has a washer/dryer unit that is *not* leaking, it would be really smart to pull it, replace the hoses with stainless braided lines, the valves with real ones and then put a drain pan under the washer so that you can see if it's leaking.

If yours is leaking now....let's hope it just started and you live in the desert of Arizona or somewhere hot and dry!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201223_140842.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	360.7 KB
ID:	312322   Click image for larger version

Name:	20201223_193204.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	347.8 KB
ID:	312323  

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201223_202459.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	433.9 KB
ID:	312324   Click image for larger version

Name:	20201223_204507.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	513.1 KB
ID:	312325  

Old 12-24-2020, 02:10 PM   #11

Thanks for the info/photo's Bob, I hope I caught mine before major water damage, I found mine about 6 months ago, was getting into closet next to washer/dryer when I noticed my sock was damp, saw leak was coming from washer area so I immediately turned off washer at manifold in cargo bay, been wanting to replace with new since unit is 18 years old, it has got to be due.
Before I valved off water I did check wall connections and they were dry, looked like leak might have been under unit. Hopefully it will get done soon.
Old 12-24-2020, 02:17 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Sounds like you found yours the same way I found mine :(

Yeah, I'm quite upset about it. I'm sleeping in the unit with the fan blowing wet mold (I assume) all over the place. I woke up with my sinuses clogged

For anyone else, you can open the lint screen door on the front and use a flashlight to shine it at the right rear of the unit. Then you can see the plastic fan for the pump motor. If there's any moisture under there, then it's leaking and you should immediately shut off the valves (hopefully yours work!) and pull the unit.

For what it's worth, several times had it on my mind about that pump. I don't know why it came up, but I looked in there several times and saw nothing. So I thought I was just losing my mind. Turns out, I wasn't.

I'm hoping, once it's dry, that the floor is salvageable. If so I will put two new pieces of real plywood on top of it and put some form of a pan under the unit. I have already installed new valves and stainless braided hoses.

FYI, the hoses started leaking (weeping) after they were moved. New copper valves and hoses was just under $100. Highly recommended. Also, have a look at the hot water inlet filter on the washer itself when you pull the hoses. I think you'll find that it's 90% plugged with the hard crystal 'cooties' that come from the hot water tank. I'll be really interested in seeing how fast the washer fills with water after cleaning it out.
Old 12-24-2020, 02:30 PM   #13

Looking at your pictures it appears to be drying out and not showing any damage, hopefully it will be fine.
Old 12-24-2020, 03:40 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
I have the same washer/dryer. I need to pull mine out and do an inspection too. We have access to a place to do laundry outside the RV right now and haven’t really used the built in washer/dryer.

Monaco used carpet in some silly places on these coaches. I needed to clean out my shower trap the other day, and when I popped off the grate to access under the shower I noticed they had carpeted under there. The rest of the bathroom is tile, and carpet there doesn’t make any sense.

Tags
leak, splendide