Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2017, 03:35 PM   #1

Starting System keeps dying 34' H.R. Monitor MH

Hey all,

I've got a brand new starting battery in our MH. We are plugged into external 30a power but for some dang reason every week or so we have to change our new starting battery just to start our MH.
We have a "Guest Master Switch" that is currently in the on position....does it need to be switched off?

Within the engine compartment we have a "Multi-Battery isolator"but it's not connected to anything and there's even a second battery(Starting system) but it isn't connected either.

We also have a button(store or use) next to the battery voltage check button however it does not appear to really do anything. Are the overhead lights draining the battery even though we're plugged in?

Any thoughts on this will be very helpful hopefully.... I'm stumped. Thanks!!
Skrewball is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2017, 04:00 PM   #2

If I understand correctly you are working with only one battery, and your house battery is not even connected. Someone modified your system and it's obvious it's not doing its job. Sounds DS like your shore power maybe doing good it's job on 110v., and your only battery is doing the 12v stuff. You didn't mention a converter other inverter....

This is best left to a professional, in MY opinion.
gerdutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 09:23 AM   #3

My coach batteries are operating normally. But every weekend I have to chart my battery in order to start my Rv. I'm clueless as to why....
Old 04-24-2017, 01:28 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It's normal your engine battery is not charging when on shore power, you need something like a Trick'l'start for this.
As for why it discharges in 1 week, it's because something is draining it faster that it should, maybe your radio is using the engine battery?
You describes having a second battery unplugged, which is strange too...
Old 04-24-2017, 10:38 PM   #5

Yeah, the second battery is not connected and nothing is connected to the MULTI-BATTERYA Isolator either. Were not running any of the items that would normally run off of the starting battery like the accessories(Driver/Pass Fans), Overhead A/C Units or even the radio. Our CB isn't connected so that isn't draining.

I'm stumped!