Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-13-2021, 05:24 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Vulture47's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 141
Step slide cover

The step slide cover on our 2000 Monaco Dynasty has stopped extending. I have made sure that the air pressure is at full pressure. Any one have any other ideas?
Vulture47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2021, 06:38 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 1,623
They call the operating valve a Mack valve. About 75$ that's as much as I know.
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 10:04 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 1,521
Hi Vulture47 from down here in Auburn! Dose this condition happen from both switches, the one on the drivers console and the one next to the passenger seat? I would try checking the operation from both switches. If nothing from both open your generator slide and look for the blue MAC valve. Should be attached to the firewall. See if any air is leaking from one of the ports. If not you might need to check the wires to the valve to see if you get any voltage to the valve. These valves can get rust particles in them from the air tanks and do not operate as they should. Many post here about problems with the MAC valves for the step cover. Use the search box at the top right of this page about the problem you are having and you will have lots to read. Owners have posted problems and fixes to what you are asking about. Let us know what you find so more help can come your way and good luck!
8.3Oilbuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:49 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Vulture47's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8.3Oilbuner View Post
Hi Vulture47 from down here in Auburn! Dose this condition happen from both switches, the one on the drivers console and the one next to the passenger seat? I would try checking the operation from both switches. If nothing from both open your generator slide and look for the blue MAC valve. Should be attached to the firewall. See if any air is leaking from one of the ports. If not you might need to check the wires to the valve to see if you get any voltage to the valve. These valves can get rust particles in them from the air tanks and do not operate as they should. Many post here about problems with the MAC valves for the step cover. Use the search box at the top right of this page about the problem you are having and you will have lots to read. Owners have posted problems and fixes to what you are asking about. Let us know what you find so more help can come your way and good luck!


Same results from both switches. We will check the Mac valve today. Thank you for your help.
Vulture47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 09:31 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
JJTL's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Kitchener, ON, Canada
Posts: 544
We just replaced our step cover MAC valve the other week. We documented the swap in our modifications and repairs thread. Below is a link to the post, in case the information is useful to you.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/upg...ml#post5898822

All the best!
Josh
__________________
Josh & Amanda
BIG BLUE - The Family Coach
2001 Monaco Signature Series 42' Classic | 500HP ISM | Roadmaster S-Series Chassis
Our 2001 Signature Repairs & Upgrades Thread
JJTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 01:55 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
153stars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Braidwood Il.
Posts: 3,797
I was able to remove mine disassemble clean and oil and it worked again. It's made for hundreds of thousands of cycles. There was mud duaber nest on it but not plugging and ports others have had mud in exhaust port . I believe mine had main exhaust port and tiny one on blue body with tiny wafer sintered brass filter/muffler.
The needle/speed valve portion can plug up as well just put needles back where they were, they are adjusted close to closed so cylinder doesn't slam cover open or closed. Give both tubes to cylinder some air tool or marvel mystery oil while apart. The unit can be bench tested with air 12v. Energized one port de-enegized the other needles adjust exhaust form cylinder so you won't see it unless testing a cylinder. Don't forget to mark tubes to solenoid ports.
__________________
95 Monaco Crown Royale
M11 400hp, 4060 trans.
Aquahot, Generac Guardian7.5k
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 10:28 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Vulture47's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by 153stars View Post
I was able to remove mine disassemble clean and oil and it worked again. It's made for hundreds of thousands of cycles. There was mud duaber nest on it but not plugging and ports others have had mud in exhaust port . I believe mine had main exhaust port and tiny one on blue body with tiny wafer sintered brass filter/muffler.
The needle/speed valve portion can plug up as well just put needles back where they were, they are adjusted close to closed so cylinder doesn't slam cover open or closed. Give both tubes to cylinder some air tool or marvel mystery oil while apart. The unit can be bench tested with air 12v. Energized one port de-enegized the other needles adjust exhaust form cylinder so you won't see it unless testing a cylinder. Don't forget to mark tubes to solenoid ports.


We changed the Mac valve but it didn’t change anything. In the past we have had issues with the carpet hanging up but all the carpet has been removed as part of replacing it all with laminate flooring.

We have also checked and confirmed that there is power to the switch.

Anyone have any other ideas?
Vulture47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 05:57 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
JJTL's Avatar


 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Kitchener, ON, Canada
Posts: 544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulture47 View Post
We changed the Mac valve but it didn’t change anything. In the past we have had issues with the carpet hanging up but all the carpet has been removed as part of replacing it all with laminate flooring.

We have also checked and confirmed that there is power to the switch.

Anyone have any other ideas?
Sorry to hear that. Did you confirm you are getting 12V power to the MAC valve?

The MAC valve is what controls the step cover. Either the MAC valve is not getting power, or it’s not getting a supply of air.

When you have someone operate the step cover switch, do you hear any air getting exhausted from the MAC valve?

Josh
__________________
Josh & Amanda
BIG BLUE - The Family Coach
2001 Monaco Signature Series 42' Classic | 500HP ISM | Roadmaster S-Series Chassis
Our 2001 Signature Repairs & Upgrades Thread
JJTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:05 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
153stars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Braidwood Il.
Posts: 3,797
You should hear at least a small pop of air as it tries to change states. No power air is to one side and with power to coil it exhausts one side airs other side and the needle valves slow the exhaust side of air in cylinder.
__________________
95 Monaco Crown Royale
M11 400hp, 4060 trans.
Aquahot, Generac Guardian7.5k
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cover, slide



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No power to cutoff switch, radio, step slide cover rvnewbee Monaco Owner's Forum 1 05-16-2012 06:41 PM
Step cover slide hwmartin Alpine Coach Owner's Forum 6 10-06-2010 11:06 PM
Entry Floor Step Cover, Power floor slide JacobsCanyon Alpine Coach Owner's Forum 5 03-09-2010 05:57 PM
Step cover and step problems & solutions Gary CA Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 1 08-02-2009 09:27 PM
step slide cover woodinboater Alpine Coach Owner's Forum 1 07-25-2009 10:29 PM

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.