Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-08-2021, 06:48 AM   #169

Nice. I'm in the process of installing the pressure gauge now. I've run the wire. so the hard is done. looking forward to the new systems. also, installed the scan gauge on dash.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-08-2021, 09:10 AM   #170

Monaco Owners Club
Overall the gauge placement for most of my dash gauges is poor. I can see the RPM & Speedometer but the others are too low on the dash, the only way I can see them is to sit up and lean way forward. But I use my Silverleaf to monitor the engine vitals and GPS for the speed.

So when I mounted my fuel gauge I wanted to be able to easily see it while driving so this this is where I put it and I can easily see the Bluesea MLR switch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuel gauge and Bluesea switch.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	405.4 KB
ID:	350951  
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 08:39 PM   #171

Nice job .

Blue sea makes nice things ..

I went old school with a -4 hose from my fass mounted in my in compartment behind tank , to a mechanical gauge . On dash ..
No wire no sensor . Liquid filled gauge ..
done ..

The details on the fass doing the polishing is correct .. but think of it this way
If the unit sat ,the water and contamination settled at the bottom .
Wouldn’t you feel the thing to do is just remove it before it goes to a 800 fass system , and a 5 k caps system ..
it’s just so easy to know tanks clean from start .. we all have a old units ..
Years of fuel sitting around , and contamination .
At 57 dollars a set of fass filters and changing them on the side of the road makes no sense ..

Here’s how it goes , I changed one caps system , guy had fass he could see on his gauge it had low fuel pressure , but he was like I can make it to the shop to get my fuel filters changed , he did and we put new filters on and a new caps pump too .

Low pressure , is low pressure..if you have low pressure you need to stop and change filter where ever you are . Instead they try to limp to a place to change them .
Clean the tank .. at home ..
Sspdiesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 07:45 AM   #172

Monaco Owners Club
My thought is that if has water in the fuel I would think it would show up in the original secondary filter that has the waster sensor.

If that happens then I'd look at some way of cleaning the tank.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine, light