Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2017, 07:38 AM   #1

Subwoofer wires

I have a 2005 38' monaco Diplomat. The previous owner did some interior modifications and took out the subwoofer and placed it in the back closet. I am trying to figure out where the original location was and where are the wires ?
woodscrew59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2017, 09:51 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
I had a 2007 Diplomat, and my subwoofer was originally installed in a cabinet under the dining table. It was a cheap big bulky thing that took up valuable galley storage space. I threw mine in the trash and replaced it with a Kenwood KSC-SW10 self-contained subwoofer that easily installed on the floor under the dashboard area. More details here.

This unit has since been replaced by the KSC-SW11, which I've just finished installing in our new 2017 Dip.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:08 AM   #3

My 2003 Endeavor (Diplomat brother) its in the cabinet under the dining table where the door has a mess front
Old 02-03-2017, 08:22 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
It's the same on my Monaco Windsor. It's underneath the table behind the door with the mesh screen.
Old 02-03-2017, 08:29 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_M View Post
I had a 2007 Diplomat, and my subwoofer was originally installed in a cabinet under the dining table. It was a cheap big bulky thing that took up valuable galley storage space. I threw mine in the trash and replaced it with a Kenwood KSC-SW10 self-contained subwoofer that easily installed on the floor under the dashboard area. More details here.

This unit has since been replaced by the KSC-SW11, which I've just finished installing in our new 2017 Dip.
I found your website a while back. Stole quite a few of your ideas! My AH is in the way of this mod....durn it!
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:05 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks for the complement, John, I put together that web site so others could "steal ideas" from things I'd done. Sharing ideas is one of the things this forum is about. I learned a ton of stuff from other members as well. I've already started a "mods page" on the site for my new 2017 Diplomat.

I'm not familiar with the Contessa, but I'd guess there's got to be room up front somewhere for a small subwoofer. Monaco was making coaches with massive dash areas in those days. Those Kenwood units are really nice.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Thanks for the complement, John, I put together that web site so others could "steal ideas" from things I'd done. Sharing ideas is one of the things this forum is about. I've already started a "mods page" on the site for my new 2017 Diplomat.

I'm not familiar with the Contessa, but I'd guess there's got to be room up front somewhere for a small subwoofer. Monaco was making coaches with massive dash areas in those days. Those Kenwood units are really nice.

Great site Robin many ideas for our 08 Camelot. Later this year I would like to upgrade the dash radio.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:16 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks, Perry. The Camelot has always been my favorite coach from the Monaco line-up. Our new REV Diplomat is much more like an "upgraded Camelot" than a Diplomat.
Old 02-04-2017, 03:39 AM   #9

Quote:
Thanks, Perry. The Camelot has always been my favorite coach from the Monaco line-up. Our new REV Diplomat is much more like an "upgraded Camelot" than a Diplomat.

Very nice!
Old 02-04-2017, 07:52 AM   #10

I cannot find the wires to hook up the sub. Are they in the wall plate marked 12 volt ?
woodscrew59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 08:08 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Not in the wall plate. In my 07 Dip, the wires just came up into the bottom of that cabinet under the table from the floor below. If you don't see them there, look closely and you'll probably find where the previous owner cut them off.
Old 02-04-2017, 08:12 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
If it helps you, in my '05 Dynasty the factory subwoofer is under the kitchen sink, way back in the corner of the cabinet.

It doesn't sound great in that location either, best place to hear it is standing by the fridge since they put it in the cabinet with the cone facing the rear of the coach lol. I'm considering putting a powered unit up in front under my dash somewhere for better acoustics, and/or a big center channel up there to replace the tiny 3 inch one Monaco installed under the tv facing downward.

Good luck in finding your wiring.
Old 02-04-2017, 10:51 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Ours is under the sink, too. Frankly, the whole system isn't very good but replacing it is way down the list.

Cheers,
Old 02-04-2017, 11:22 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
This has been helpful information to all of us...I have wondered for months where they had originally put the woofer for the same reason as the O.P. now I know where to look and what to look for.. I am guessing mine was below the sink since the hall facing door has a chezzy looking screen on it.... Thanks for all the good info....Doug...
flamebuster is offline   Reply With Quote