Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-12-2020, 08:53 AM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toribk View Post
If you have cabinets above your bed .....check up there.
Checked...no joy.

The breaker panels on are the opposite side of the cabinets above the bed.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2020, 10:05 AM   #156
YC1

Turn your inverter on and remove shoreline power. Check those tv outlets again.

Many tvs up front are controlled by an ignition relay 12 volts that is and keep you from turning on the televisions while the engine is running.

Could be more than one problem here. It is all too often problems get introduced while troubleshooting. Been there, did that, got the tee shirt.

Power out of the ems panel must be confirmend with a voltmeter of course. As good as the signal tracers can be they can fool you. The signal is strong enough to pass over open contacts in a realy if the generator is close to the relay.

I would want voltage readings on the terminals on that little circuit board inside the AC breaker panel. Just for good measure. If those voltage are coming out you have a built in signal generator, although this own will hurt you if not careful.

YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 10:55 AM   #157

have you looked in the cabinets in the bath room also the kitchen the bottom of my cabnets come up I have j boxes below also I have a j box next to the slide out in the cabnet the side of the cabnet will come out
Bossmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 11:20 AM   #158

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishguy View Post
I think there's one more j-box in the kitchen breaker path.
That’s what the signal tracer is supposed to help you find, by following the cable run.
Old 07-12-2020, 07:07 PM   #159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossmike View Post
have you looked in the cabinets in the bath room also the kitchen the bottom of my cabnets come up I have j boxes below also I have a j box next to the slide out in the cabnet the side of the cabnet will come out
I've looked in every nook and cranny in this motorhome. I haven't yet removed light fixtures or cabinets. I'm going to remove the shower skylight trim and have a look there, when I have a chance.
Old 07-12-2020, 07:13 PM   #160

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanzKran View Post
That’s what the signal tracer is supposed to help you find, by following the cable run.
It has helped greatly for me to find wiring paths. Going up stream from the two kitchen slide/plumbing chase j-boxes, I can follow a strong signal up along the shower stall to the outside wall. The signal stops where the ceiling meets the wall in the shower room heading towards the 120v panel in the bedroom. Before removing a med cabinet or ceiling tile, I'm going to remove the shower skylight trim from the bottom. I might be able to see something there.
Old 07-12-2020, 07:26 PM   #161

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I think your wasting your time looking in your ceiling.

My 120V panel is in my bathroom, rather than the rear of the coach, like I believe yours is.
I do have a junction box under the floor under the bed.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:00 PM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
I think your wasting your time looking in your ceiling.

My 120V panel is in my bathroom, rather than the rear of the coach, like I believe yours is.
I do have a junction box under the floor under the bed.
My 120v panel is actually in the bedroom about 4 feet from where the signal stops with my tracer.
It's my understanding that j-boxes are suppose to accessible. If I have to remove a cabinet and ceiling panel to locate one then I'd say that's not too accessible. Removing the shower skylight trim to at least look along the wiring path shouldn't be too difficult.
I have a j-box under the bed as well but it has power and appears to feed the bedroom and bath.
Old 07-12-2020, 08:40 PM   #163

If it's built like mine, there will be an aluminum frame around the shower skylight. You won't see anything.
Old 07-12-2020, 09:06 PM   #164

120 volt

You do not have to remove a cabnet the floor of the cabnet come out did you look under the cabinet
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200712_200147.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	292951   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200712_200129.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	184.1 KB
ID:	292952  

Old 07-12-2020, 09:23 PM   #165

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
If it's built like mine, there will be an aluminum frame around the shower skylight. You won't see anything.
If that's the case that would be disappointing.
Old 07-12-2020, 09:26 PM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossmike View Post
You do not have to remove a cabnet the floor of the cabnet come out did you look under the cabinet

Thanks for the pic Boss, I've been under the floor cabinets. The wall cabinets look to be very difficult to remove, if I was going to look behind one or open a section of the ceiling covering.
Old 07-12-2020, 10:05 PM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishguy View Post
If that's the case that would be disappointing.
Not if you want some strength around your skylight !
Old 07-12-2020, 11:42 PM   #168

The cabnet that is against the wall by my slide out in my kitchen the side of the cabnet can be removed mine has screws to remove it mine has a 6x6 j box in that area

Tags
power