Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-27-2020, 10:47 AM   #225

Monaco Owners Club
Good afternoon:

I/we sincerely appreciate all of your suggestion to solve the lack of electricity in my RV. The solution was a switch was turned off.

Again, thank you for all of your suggestions!

Stay Safe!

Cindy
cdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-27-2020, 11:21 AM   #226
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishguy View Post
Thanks Myron,

Not needing too much help here. Was curious if this is a common issue or just part of my not so great luck lately.

I'll remove the existing one and see if I can get it working again. If not, then amazon here I come.
I'm assuming I have to pull the negative cables off the house batteries and unplug shore power to remove the cutoff dial without electrifying myself?

Pull the negatives off both banks of batteries. IF the batteries get combined isolating just the house batteries is not enough. Safety first. And take pictures always before removing anything.

I pm'd you a link to Amazon for the switch.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 11:22 AM   #227
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdisney View Post
Good afternoon:

I/we sincerely appreciate all of your suggestion to solve the lack of electricity in my RV. The solution was a switch was turned off.

Again, thank you for all of your suggestions!

Stay Safe!

Cindy

Happens to all of us that will admit it.

Old 07-27-2020, 02:25 PM   #228

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Pull the negatives off both banks of batteries. IF the batteries get combined isolating just the house batteries is not enough. Safety first. And take pictures always before removing anything.

I pm'd you a link to Amazon for the switch.
Myron

Can you post or pm me as well the link to that switch. .

I won’t be near my files for another week and was looking for the model number.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2020, 04:41 PM   #229
YC1

https://www.amazon.com/Disconnect-Ve...s%2C174&sr=8-2

Old 07-30-2020, 10:51 AM   #230

FrontTV/Kitchen Feed From 120 Breaker Panel

Hello all,

Here is a very crude drawing of the wiring path for the front tv/kitchen GFI feed from the 120 breaker panel.
It feeds from the breaker up into the ceiling and all the way to the front cap. From there it goes first to the passenger side front cabinet then goes directly behind the TV and into the TV lockout junction box/outlet. Then it comes out of the TV lockout box and feeds two more front cap outlets. From the driver side front cabinet outlet, the feed goes back into the ceiling all the way back to the shower room. From there it goes down the passenger side wall behind the shower surround and into the two j-boxes in the plumbing chase. Those two j-boxes feed to the 5 kitchen outlets and a separate breaker feed for the microwave.
I hope this can help someone someday who's chasing wiring paths and dead outlets.
Old 07-30-2020, 11:03 AM   #231

Picture

It didn't attach...hopefully this is it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	breakerfeed.JPG
Views:	23
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	295115  
Old 07-30-2020, 11:06 AM   #232

Quote:
Hello all,

Here is a very crude drawing of the wiring path for the front tv/kitchen GFI feed from the 120 breaker panel.
It feeds from the breaker up into the ceiling and all the way to the front cap. From there it goes first to the passenger side front cabinet then goes directly behind the TV and into the TV lockout junction box/outlet. Then it comes out of the TV lockout box and feeds two more front cap outlets. From the driver side front cabinet outlet, the feed goes back into the ceiling all the way back to the shower room. From there it goes down the passenger side wall behind the shower surround and into the two j-boxes in the plumbing chase. Those two j-boxes feed to the 5 kitchen outlets and a separate breaker feed for the microwave.
I hope this can help someone someday who's chasing wiring paths and dead outlets.
I don't see a drawing but your description seems correct , can't imagine
why Monaco routed the wire that way though .

Ok I see it now

Ray 03 Windsor PST
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 01:00 PM   #233

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamiDav View Post
I don't see a drawing but your description seems correct , can't imagine
why Monaco routed the wire that way though .

Ok I see it now

Ray 03 Windsor PST
Ray,

I had not even considered that as route until you and Kenwyatt had mentioned that as a possibility.
If I had known that early on, I probably would have found the problem much sooner.
Old 07-30-2020, 01:07 PM   #234

Quote:
It didn't attach...hopefully this is it.
The drawing is very good info! I have some speculative ideas as to why they did it this way, and they're linked to the manufacturing process... but the 'why' is not important. KNOWING what was done is far, far better

Thanks for pursuing this problem all the way to a solution and keeping the forum abreast of the methods used. Hopefully this will save another forum member the hours you spent.
Old 07-30-2020, 04:04 PM   #235

2001 FleetWood SouthWind

Quote:
Hello All,

This morning my wife turned on her coffee maker. It came on but shortly there after she noticed it wasn't on. The only other major electrical draw at the time was the aquahot electical side. We are on 30 amp shore power.
I discovered a bunch of electrical outlets running along the kitchen side now have no power. It's like something tripped.
I checked all breakers/GFI's in the breaker box panels in the bedroom. I flipped and reset them but no change. Including the L1 and L2 inverter breakers.
There is one little breaker reset button on the front of xantrex inverter but it's not tripped.
Are there any other breakers on the inverter that are not easily seen and accessed?
The microwave has power and so do both a/c units and the fridge.
I disconnected shore power and turned on the inverter. No change to those outlets.
What or where else can I check?

irishguy
2003 Monaco Windsor
Sorry to jump in on your post Irishguy ,
But I cannot figure out how to post my problem ,🤔
Which is very similar to yours , I have a 2001 FleetWood SouthWind 35r and my AC 119 power to the Booth receptacle & one in the front cargo bay have a loose neutral (Somewhere) in the coach is a j box
That probably contains the problem loose wire so does anyone know where that box might be 🧐. Thank You , Rats52
rats52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 04:53 PM   #236

Rats52 , Have you looked inside each receptacle ? That's where Irishguy found
the junction .

To start a new thread look at the list top left there is a box [ New Thread ]
However will get more help from the Fleetwood Forum .
Look at Owners Forums for Fleetwood .

Good luck

Ray
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 04:53 PM   #237

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo_RV_Guy View Post
The drawing is very good info! I have some speculative ideas as to why they did it this way, and they're linked to the manufacturing process... but the 'why' is not important. KNOWING what was done is far, far better

Thanks for pursuing this problem all the way to a solution and keeping the forum abreast of the methods used. Hopefully this will save another forum member the hours you spent.
Not a problem...hopefully it can help someone out.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:00 PM   #238

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats52 View Post
Sorry to jump in on your post Irishguy ,
But I cannot figure out how to post my problem ,🤔
Which is very similar to yours , I have a 2001 FleetWood SouthWind 35r and my AC 119 power to the Booth receptacle & one in the front cargo bay have a loose neutral (Somewhere) in the coach is a j box
That probably contains the problem loose wire so does anyone know where that box might be 🧐. Thank You , Rats52
Rats,
As you can see I'm no expert. It seems finding j-boxes can be no easy task.
If you have a slide you can look in the floor cabinet spaces for hidden j-boxes in the plumbing chase. They can also be under fridges and beds. Some are even in basement compartments. You may find them behind your breaker panel.
If you dropped a neutral wire it might be in an outlet that is daisy chained with other outlets on the same circuit.

Tags
power