Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-15-2008, 07:48 PM   #1

Hello,
Lowered the drivers side visor with the switch while driving into the afternoon sun and quite unintentionally extended it until it bottomed out. Now both visor's won't operate. Sounds like possibly a fuse blew. Have any of you had this happen? What did you find the problem to be? Could use the help. Thank You, Letsgoagain
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-15-2008, 07:48 PM   #2

Hello,
Lowered the drivers side visor with the switch while driving into the afternoon sun and quite unintentionally extended it until it bottomed out. Now both visor's won't operate. Sounds like possibly a fuse blew. Have any of you had this happen? What did you find the problem to be? Could use the help. Thank You, Letsgoagain
Old 07-15-2008, 09:11 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
In our Coach those fuses are in the bay forward of the driver's side wheel well. I only know this from looking for every other fuse in the coach multiple times... p/s means passenger's side, d/s = driver's side. Hope that helps.

Brenda, of...
Old 07-16-2008, 02:17 AM   #4

our fuse for our electric visors is also in the forward drivers side bay and is marked as visors. we had the same problem and moanaco advised us to bump up the size of the fuse,i think from a 10 to a 20 amp. been working great for the past 6 yrs. hope this helps! jim
beaverjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:16 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
We also had a fuse blow on the sunvisors. At the very beginning when we were looking at the coach before we bought it, CheetahGirl and I both saw the visor buttons at the same time and coincidentally we both hit the buttons for each side at the SAME time! They both worked for a split second and then they stopped dead. Blown fuse according to the tech. We had to test drive the coach with the sunvisors wired up so we could see. Sheesh, we both felt like a couple of goofs. My mommy always taught me to never touch things in the store, 'course that probably didn't count.

AKBrick
Old 07-16-2008, 07:51 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Did the same thing. Blew the fuse and spent 30 min with tech service to find it. Now we talk if one wants to lower a shade.
I also had the battery switch turned off by the door and that was a one hour conversation in 99 degree heat. Now that is checked all the time.
Corvette Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 08:28 AM   #7
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Letsgoagain.....I had the same problem....blew the fuse everytime I put a little stress on either of the motors. It's a 5 amp fuse (Service bay below driver) and I bumped it to 7.5 amp.....Haven't had an issue since.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 11:02 AM   #8

Thanks everyone,
I am going out to check for a blown fuse in just a little bit. I will post later if that was indeed the problem.
Keith
Allright ! It was the fuse. Also made me realize I didn't have any of the small size fuses that the fuse box requires. I put a spare in place and then went to the local autozone and bought a supply of 5,7.5,10,15,20, 25 and 30 amp fuses. I'm good to go now. Thanks to all.
Letsgoagain
Old 07-17-2008, 10:19 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
We've blown the sun visor fuse twice. I thought at first it was because we were lowering/raising both visors at once, but since then we blew a fuse while moving just one. Haven't decided yet what the common factor is. The fuse on our Camelot is located in the compartment forward of the d/s front wheel. If I remember correctly, it is a 5 amp.
kealpa is offline   Reply With Quote