Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-05-2013, 08:44 AM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Survey question on washer and drier?

What percent of motorhomers, that spend a month or more in their coach, would you say use or wish they had a washer and drier? If you have one or the set, would you buy them again? Thinking about getting a stacked set, but can't decide if it is worth it or not. Any thoughts? Thanks
Ultratravler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2013, 08:54 AM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
We have a full size kenmore washer and dryer in our Coach, we use them every trip out and when we return home we just step out with just some food and go in the house. I wondered when we bought it how much we would use them but now we would not be without them. Everything we get dirty is washed and put away when we are done using the Coach and have never had to take nothing into the house for washing. The only thing we haul in and out is food.
Old 01-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
We have the Splendide combo that was in the RV when we bought it. We do use it if we are out for an extended trip. I do not think we would go out and buy one if the RV did not have one. For long term use, I'd prefer the extra storage space. There are always laundry facilities to use when on the road.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultratravler View Post
What percent of motorhomers, that spend a month or more in their coach, would you say use or wish they had a washer and drier? If you have one or the set, would you buy them again? Thinking about getting a stacked set, but can't decide if it is worth it or not. Any thoughts? Thanks
100% of the motorhomers in this coach have a Splendide w/d.
I do not think I would buy one, (too expensive)!
However we got one free with a $70k purchase.
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:09 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
We also have the Splendide combo set up. Have not tried it out yet.

I have read a complete wash/dry cycle is slow.

How long are yours? Any tips for better/faster usage?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXiceman View Post
We have the Splendide combo that was in the RV when we bought it. We do use it if we are out for an extended trip. I do not think we would go out and buy one if the RV did not have one. For long term use, I'd prefer the extra storage space. There are always laundry facilities to use when on the road.

Ken
Old 01-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Qwert66
We think of it as a part of living efficirnt & free of distractions. We have separate washer/dryer and use both a few days a week when "connected to utilities". Would not consider using and wasting time/money on alternative laundry locations. Just our 2 bits. Time is money.............. 25min for HD load. Separate 30min to dry. Back to back loads take 30min each.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
We travel months at a time in the MH. I would not travel without my washer and dryer. We have the splendid combo washer and dryer. The washer is great. Dryer not good at all. We installed a separate dryer. They makes a MH complete. Go for it. Enjoy your traveling.
Rick
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #8

Winnebago Owners Club
You are only drying a 110 so yes it takes a long time about 2 hours a load and 1 hour to wash. Do the wash at a slow time or day. Combo units did not like have the new stacked ones now and love them. Saves $10-$15 a week
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:22 AM   #9
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
I purchased new the stacked Splendide Ariston model washer and dryer. I full time about 7 months a year and use the units all the time. I can wash and dry the bedding from a queen bed and even washed the electric blanket. I can run the washer and dryer at the same time and have for years without tripping a breaker. I wouldn't have a rig without the stacked units.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
There's an old joke about a driver observing a man holding a pig up to an oak tree so it can eat acorns. The driver stops and tells the man - if you take this stick and knock the acorns to the ground it'll save time. The man replied - what's time to a pig?

Point is - having it let's us keep ahead of things and not get piggy - and time is not an issue. If it is - we just go the laundry facility. But it's great to have the combo w/d - even though it's small loads - we just don't worry about time. Part of the RV life for us is letting go of "time".
flaggship1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:27 AM   #11

Forest River Owners Club
We have the Splendide combo vented unit, and have used it a lot. I have no doubt we would not have lasted nearly 7 years full timing w/o it. It is very handy to put a load in and go about whatever else you want/need to do. We have even run it while driving a time or two. It is smaller than a normal home unit, but so is the galley sink, the shower and many other features. Smaller unit=smaller loads, perhaps as much as 4-5 times a week ...no big deal. If you are rv'ing, particularly fulltime, a vented combo unit is a great thing to have with minimal storage loss.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:31 AM   #12

Our first coach did not come with either. We spent hours washing and drying clothes. New coach has stacked washer and drier and we love them. No more trips to find out all the washers are in use and you can run them when ever you need to.
CHCam42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
We use ours on a regular basis when traveling. We especially like the convenience and we know what the washer has been used for....
We have the separate washer and dryer. The dryer sits on a shelf above the washer and is wired 220v. This allows us to do two weeks or so of clothing in an afternoon. Drying time is short. The units are made by Bosch and have been very reliable and very efficient. Would strongly recommend that you go with a stacked unit if possible.
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
We have the Splendide combo, might be a little slow, but then who cares! Still beats going to the laundry wash house, and saves $.
WesinRockies is offline   Reply With Quote