Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2016, 10:28 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Swintek Slide Outs

I have a 2013 HR 36SBT and wondered if anyone has had issues with the operation of their slide outs and if anyone has heard of 'special' warranty plans to resolve issues.

I have one slide that groans when extending and the other has one lower corner that sticks out about an inch more that the other corners.

My Dealer gave me a price to replace the slide mechanisms on the one and to replace the rollers on the other one but it's rather high.
denk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-19-2016, 10:55 AM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
I did a pretty thorough write-up in post #8 here:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/schw...rn-320051.html

Some others chimed in, too.

Let me know if you have further questions. Although I don't have them anymore, I have 3 years of experience dealing with them.

Groaning is fairly common, but will be reduced if you lube them.

The "inch further" will be fixed by retiming, and I posted the video on how to do that.
Old 12-19-2016, 03:57 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Thanks, I've done that but on one slide the lower front corner still has a 1 inch gap at the bottom. I'm told the other slide has rollers that are 'binding/frozen' and that's the cause for the groaning noise when extending.
denk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 05:22 PM   #4

I think the key is to find a dealer or person how completely understands these slides. I had a problem on my last coach where it was jumping and grinding. Hell some times it didn't even want to extend. Took it to my dealer and they had no idea.........Called King Camping in Wausau, WI and they were very knowledgeable and could explain the entire workings of the slide. Drove it over, an hour later was fixed and never had a problem since. No parts just lube in the right places.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:54 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Denk, are you speaking of the "in wall" slide gear/motors with the tracks on the outside of the slide room walls?

Powergear/Schwintek has a redesign fix you are possibly eligible for. My coach is a 2014 Itasca Ellipse, I had mine done, so far so good. It was at no cost to me with WBGO. I plan to update my thread with pics as soon as I'm able.

Regards,
W.D.
Roadmaster Nighthawk II, 2011 Lincoln MKX.
2012 Newmar Canyon Star (first coach) FMCA F428511.
Electra 225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 09:31 AM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed S View Post
I think the key is to find a dealer or person how completely understands these slides. I had a problem on my last coach where it was jumping and grinding. Hell some times it didn't even want to extend. Took it to my dealer and they had no idea.........Called King Camping in Wausau, WI and they were very knowledgeable and could explain the entire workings of the slide. Drove it over, an hour later was fixed and never had a problem since. No parts just lube in the right places.
This is very true. My dealership tried to fix mine three times. I filed lemon law on Thor, they sent one of their factory people down and did the repairs in my driveway. I never had any more trouble after that. He pointed out several areas where the dealership had done things incorrectly.

Tags
slide, slide out