Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-19-2020, 12:07 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
My educated guess without looking at a chart is 105 F, 95 D, & 75 tag. This is adding 5 to what the load table calls for.
Ivylog is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-19-2020, 02:21 PM   #30

Hope I copydit rigt, but on this site of Michelin.
https://www.michelinrvtires.com/refe...tion-tables/#/
I even found your size 3 times.
My idea is that yours are 75mph speedrated.
Maxload S7830lbs/D6940lbs AT 123 psi I used
Also AT 120 psi same maxloads , but in case of daubt, always use higer AT-pressure.
The XMultiway 3DXZE even S8270/D7160AT 123 psi, but this must be because of lower maxspeed used of 68mph( speedcode K= 110kmph) .So if you dont do dramatic things with weightshifting or extra loading, and dont go changing the tagpressure, my advice comes to next.

75mph and 10% reserve added to given loads( needed for unequall load R/L).
Front 113 psi
Drive 88 psi
Tag 56 psi.

Now I use my pigheaded system to determine highest pressure with still acceptable comfort and gripp, and that is giving the tires a deflection needed for 99mph( 160kmph)
Then with the 10% reserve first added, next advice.
Front 128 psi( not allowed so keep it at 123 psi)
Drive stays 88 psi, because already lesser deflection for dualload axle.
Tag 64 psi.

So for easy remembering keep it to next.
F 125psi
D 90 psi
T 65 psi

Then if you experiënce discomfort, you can go as low as my first advice, and still have reserve, so no overheating of any part of any tire to be expected.
Driver and co-driver experiënce most discomfort of to high pressure at Front axle, Drive and Tag have lesser effect.

Mind that you can calculate for maximum reserve, but by all the inacuracies in measurement and reading of pressure and weight, you can end up with yust enaugh to give no overheating when driving that 75mph constantly for hours.
Better some discomfort then chance on tirefailure.
jadatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 03:01 PM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
Wow 6800+ on the tag !?! lucky you, I can only put about 4k on my tag or the 13K front axle is overweight :(
last weigh:
Remember the weight of the bike is pushing down behind the pivot point, the drive/tag axles, lifting weight from the steer. Take that weight off and a larger percentage of the remaining weight will shift to the steer.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 03:15 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadatis View Post
Hope I copydit rigt, but on this site of Michelin.
https://www.michelinrvtires.com/refe...tion-tables/#/
I even found your size 3 times.
My idea is that yours are 75mph speedrated.
Maxload S7830lbs/D6940lbs AT 123 psi I used
Also AT 120 psi same maxloads , but in case of daubt, always use higer AT-pressure.
The XMultiway 3DXZE even S8270/D7160AT 123 psi, but this must be because of lower maxspeed used of 68mph( speedcode K= 110kmph) .So if you dont do dramatic things with weightshifting or extra loading, and dont go changing the tagpressure, my advice comes to next.

75mph and 10% reserve added to given loads( needed for unequall load R/L).
Front 113 psi
Drive 88 psi
Tag 56 psi.

Now I use my pigheaded system to determine highest pressure with still acceptable comfort and gripp, and that is giving the tires a deflection needed for 99mph( 160kmph)
Then with the 10% reserve first added, next advice.
Front 128 psi( not allowed so keep it at 123 psi)
Drive stays 88 psi, because already lesser deflection for dualload axle.
Tag 64 psi.

So for easy remembering keep it to next.
F 125psi
D 90 psi
T 65 psi

Then if you experiënce discomfort, you can go as low as my first advice, and still have reserve, so no overheating of any part of any tire to be expected.
Driver and co-driver experiënce most discomfort of to high pressure at Front axle, Drive and Tag have lesser effect.

Mind that you can calculate for maximum reserve, but by all the inacuracies in measurement and reading of pressure and weight, you can end up with yust enaugh to give no overheating when driving that 75mph constantly for hours.
Better some discomfort then chance on tirefailure.
Wow!! I'm impressed with your thought process and insight in determining tire pressures. When I originally look at the Michelin tire pressure guide, and based on my combined weights on each axle and not necessarily the possible in-balance R/L, the steers looked like they should be at 100+5, the drive at 75+5 and the tag also at 75+5. Your recommendation is to increase the steers to 125, the drive to 90 and the tag at 65. If I read your response correctly the added steer and drive numbers will help with overheating, but may add some ride discomfort.
Before I had it weighed the first time, I had the S @100, the D @ 85 and the T @ 85. I would on occasion get a high pressure warning on one of the drive tires when it was a very hot day. My thinking after getting it weighed was that the drive axle had an additional 800# and that would cause the high pressure alarm. With the extra weight off the drive in excess of 2500# do I still need to go up to 90#?
I going to try your suggested numbers and really appreciate your in depth response.
Now I have to go back and change all the pressure values in my TPMS, but that thing is worth its weight in gold to keep an eye on where the rubber meets the road.
Thanks again. Feel free to comment on my response.

Dave
Rustygold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 03:42 PM   #33

The high pressure alarm, was with the higher old drive weight and 85psi set as tmps pressure ,so probably 10 or 20% higher for the alarm.
So the allarm meanth the temp in tire to be to high, when you calc back the pressure rising to temp inside tire. And temp inside tire is related to temp of hottest rings of rubber of tire, and that is where it is all done for.

The now 90 psi with the lower weight on drive axle , gives lower temp in tires , so lesser % pressure-rising( but can be more psi )
So no , dont lower it, or it will give higher temps in tire.
The high pressure alarm can be compared with an airbag, best is if they never have to do their job.
The alarm then in extreme conditions,proved that the pressure was to low for weight and speed of that tire.

And if you dont experiënce discomfort, keep front at 125 psi. Look on sidewall wich pressure they give, bet its 123 psi.
jadatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 04:04 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadatis View Post
The high pressure alarm, was with the higher old drive weight and 85psi set as tmps pressure ,so probably 10 or 20% higher for the alarm.
So the allarm meanth the temp in tire to be to high, when you calc back the pressure rising to temp inside tire.

The now 90 psi with the lower weight on drive axle , gives lower temp in tires , so lesser % pressure-rising( but can be more psi )
So no , dont lower it, or it will give higher temps in tire.

The alarm then in extreme conditions,proved that the pressure was to low for weight and speed of that tire.

And if you dont experiënce discomfort, keep front at 125 psi. Look on sidewall wich pressure they give, bet its 123 psi.
Thanks for the explanation on tire vs temperature relative to weight. I reprogrammed the TPMS with your numbers and a factor of +20% for high pressure relative to the set temperature and -10% for the low pressure setting. I will check the tire tomorrow for PSI.
Thanks again.
Rustygold is offline   Reply With Quote