RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #15

Ok I guess I will have to research this. What year Dynasty is this? So everything else works except the running/marker lights and taillights. Do the front side lights work? You said that the turn indicators front and back, emergency flashers, and dash lights work?
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2013, 04:00 PM   #16
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinhorn View Post
Dash lights come and headlights come on ok, I have changed out the switch, still the same. How can I tell if it is the relay that might be bad? i have power to relay and power to switch. Thanks Richard

If it is a little black relay, look around the compartments to find another with the same part number and swap it.

A picture of what lights are not working would clarify things for me. For example, do you have marker lights along the top edge and if so are they working? Or do you just have two lights out in the rear which could indeed be two bad bulbs. Easy to measure the voltage on the bulbs if needed.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:32 PM   #17

I had the same thing happen and was pulled over by the Hwy Patrol. I turned on my flashers and got off at the next exit. I finally took it to the dealer and the 20 amp fuse labeled marker lights in the smaller fuse box in the front compartment was the culprit.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:49 PM   #18

Looking at the scematics. There is a common fuse (15amp) and a common relay to the parking lights and marker/running lights. It is labeled RUN LTS in the FRB on mine. The relay on mine is a black cube and labeled K5. If you look in the FRB you will see three LEDs for each system, RED, YELLOW and GREEN. Those LEDs make it real easy to troubleshoot the system. So put somebody in the driver's seat and you look into the FRB and watch the LEDs have the person in the drivers seat turn the headlight switch on and off while you look for a LED flashing with the switch.

This is what the LED colors mean....
RED - This is power from the fuse to the contact on the relay (before the relay). If the fuse is good the RED LED will be on.
YELLOW - This is power to the coil of the relay from the headlight switch. If the relay is working correctly then this should flash on and off with the headlight switch being turned on and off. If it doesn't come on with the headlight switch means you have no power coming from the headlight switch.
GREEN - Not shown as being used in the lighting circuit but may have been left out of the drawing. Usually this is power to the lights from the contacts in the relay (after the relay). So this only comes on if you have the RED LED on and the YELLOW LED on and the relay is good. If the relay is bad then you will have the RED and YELLOW on and the GREEN off. If all is working correctly at that point then the GREEN will flash on and off with the YELLOW when the headlight switch is turned on and off.

NOTE: For the lights if the RED LED is off indicating no power to the relay you also will not get the GREEN and YELLOW LEDs on. This means that the FUSE is blown

Let me know what you find out.

This logic applies to all those LEDs in the FRB and the RRB and is there for troubleshooting. Monaco really doesn't tell you this.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:56 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
Looking at the scematics. There is a common fuse (15amp) and a common relay to the parking lights and marker/running lights. It is labeled RUN LTS in the FRB on mine. The relay on mine is a black cube and labeled K5. If you look in the FRB you will see three LEDs for each system, RED, YELLOW and GREEN. Those LEDs make it real easy to troubleshoot the system. So put somebody in the driver's seat and you look into the FRB and watch the LEDs have the person in the drivers seat turn the headlight switch on and off while you look for a LED flashing with the switch.

This is what the LED colors mean....
RED - This is power from the fuse to the contact on the relay (before the relay). If the fuse is good the RED LED will be on.
YELLOW - This is power to the coil of the relay from the headlight switch. If the relay is working correctly then this should flash on and off with the headlight switch being turned on and off. If it doesn't come on with the headlight switch means you have no power coming from the headlight switch.
GREEN - Not shown as being used in the lighting circuit but may have been left out of the drawing. Usually this is power to the lights from the contacts in the relay (after the relay). So this only comes on if you have the RED LED on and the YELLOW LED on and the relay is good. If the relay is bad then you will have the RED and YELLOW on and the GREEN off. If all is working correctly at that point then the GREEN will flash on and off with the YELLOW when the headlight switch is turned on and off.

NOTE: For the lights if the RED LED is off indicating no power to the relay you also will not get the GREEN and YELLOW LEDs on. This means that the FUSE is blown

Let me know what you find out.

This logic applies to all those LEDs in the FRB and the RRB and is there for troubleshooting. Monaco really doesn't tell you this.
Very good info
Old 05-03-2013, 07:03 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
The tail lights and running lights (on the top in the back) operate off the Marker lights. So we replaced the marker fuse and that fixed the problem. Couldn't believe this whole episode only cost me $2.99 for the fuses. I'm a VERY happy camper. The fuses are on the driver side of the coach in front compartment. We called Monaco Tech support
877 366-6226. Thanks to everyone for your help and support.
Bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:12 PM   #21

Bees, glad it is all fixed. Did you have those LEDs I talked about in my previous post in the front compartment which is the Front Run Box (FRB) where you found the fuse? If so did you try to see if it indicated that fuse being blown as I described? If you have the LEDs in that FRB then you should learn to read them because they tell you where the problem is.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:57 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Mike but no there were no LEDs in our box in the FRB. Appreciate everyones help and glad it only cost me $2.99 for a fuse once I finally found it.
Bees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:14 PM   #23

Tail lights problem on my 95 Monaco

I had a issue with my tail lights going out. The problem was a molex connector under the shifter panel that had a couple of pins that were burned.
I disconnected and removed the burned wires and used a butt connector to rejoin the two wires. There has not been a problem since.
Nhra727 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lights