Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2014, 01:09 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Arm

Mine doesn't move. I recessed the plywood exactly enough that the TV is pushed against the frame when the locking pin latches. I used little round pads like on the cabinet doors to help. It is solid, the mount was close to $100 but it made it easy and looks good.

The back TV will be smaller because I don't want to get rid of cabinets but it's a small space anyway.

Good Luck

I love my Windsor!
Tomjhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2014, 02:42 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Tom! I think I'm going to the same thing you did.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:57 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Same Windsor

What color is yours? I have the Green model. We love it 38' and wonderful to drive. I put new 295's on it right after we bought it. It had four brands of tires....I can send you more pics if you need them, good luck. I also posted on your blind question. I hope that helped.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:02 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Ours is maroon, we love also. I will definitely take you up on the more picture's. Your post in about the blinds was helpful, thanks.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:06 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
How did you attach the plywood to the inside of the old cut out? I don't see any screws. Maybe it's just the picture.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:28 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Remove the frame

I removed the frame, four screws and stacked plywood so the mount was recessed enough that when the tv was locked the back of the tv rests against the frame. This measurement will depend on the tv you get. I think mine is a 32 and I mounted it high enough for a DVD player to mount under it. I used Velcro to hold it down. Make sure you get a tv with the speakers point out the front and not behind, it will sound better. I removed the frame and ran the screws through the oak plywood so the frame covers the screws.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:32 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Pics

I'm pointing at what I call the frame.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:42 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Pics

Having trouble adding pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	223.5 KB
ID:	70841  
Old 08-14-2014, 07:51 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
More

Let me know if you need more. Tomjhall@comcast.net
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	81
Size:	217.9 KB
ID:	70844  
Old 08-14-2014, 08:19 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Pics

A few more
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	75
Size:	245.5 KB
ID:	70847  
Old 08-14-2014, 08:21 PM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Pic

Recessed
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	79
Size:	169.1 KB
ID:	70849  
Old 10-20-2014, 06:57 PM   #26

replace TV's

32 in front 24 in bedroom

Name:	IMG_0010.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	250.4 KB
ID:	77007

Name:	IMG_0020.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	77008
Moxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:28 PM   #27

Hi I was also searching for a TV television upgrade update new to read but TV was too common a search term and it wouldn't give me any results.

I want to replace the bedroom Television so I have a digital tuner in the coach. Why can't I go out and buy a regular flat screen LCD/LED Television and stick it in the hole?

When I watched a dvd back there, the sound comes out of the tv and not the 2 speakers that are over the bed. bummer

Seems like the coach was raided of electronics. I hooked up cable to the coach at a rv park and the tv picked up nothing. I tried ant and aux on the antenna selection too. I tried vcr and aux on the tv selector--nothing happened.

I will have to drag everything out of the compartment and see whats what if I can…
I am sure Monaco ran a antenna and cable wire to the back of the coach.
Moira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 12:56 PM   #28

Monaco Owners Club
I found a TV that would fit between the original cabinet walls. It is a 32" Hitachi LED, it was on sale at Sam's ~2 years ago.

I decided not to cut down the cabinet but instead use it for storage. I found a square aluminum tube at Lowes (for staircase railing) and cut it to fit vertically. Across the top of the cabinet was the original metal framing for the cabinet mount. I used 2 of 90 degree metal braces from Lowes to anchor the top. The tubing came with a decorative cover that I put on the bottom and screwed it to the cabinet. This post gave me a good solid mounting location for a swing away TV mount. The TV fits snuggly into the opening.

When I was mounting the back plate to the TV I checked how sturdy the mount was, it had no real structure since it is made to sit in a stationary mode. (Note>> I previously had a TV mount fail from bouncing.) Going down the road would result in a high probability of failure due to bouncing. To old the TV stationary while traveling I used some screen holders that support the TV on the bottom and sides. When the TV is in the travel/secure position it does not move or bounce.

I took the time to put some insulation up behind the cabinet across the front of the coach. I also had a piece of the ceiling fabric and I made a cover to hide all the wires and insulation behind the TV.

In the Cabinet behind the TV I made a shelf that holds DVD's and CD's. Under that there is enough room for a camera case, binoculars, and more CD's plus miscellaneous stuff. (really has lots of room).

Since the TV was shorter then the cabinet I mounted it lower and then put a piece of the ceiling material across the top mounted to a board that I can remove, this finished off the look.

With the swing away mount I can move the TV to provide for better viewing when sitting on the coach or dinning room table. I can also turn it to that the TV can be viewed from outside so I don't miss the evening news while BBQ'ing
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
television, upgrade