Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2019, 01:52 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Tell me why!!

Why does Kubota need to have such a huge engine oil drain hole in these little diesel engines ?
My drain pan has a 8"dia inlet. My aim was off by about 1/2" . Any idea how fast 6qt of warm oil comes out of that huge oil pan drain hole .
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2019, 03:47 PM   #2

Can you fit a Fumoto valve to that pan?

If so, 1) you have the ability to shut it off if you miss, and 2) don't need to worry about 1) if you get the valve with the hose nipple on it and can stick the hose where you want it.
SLOweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 03:58 PM   #3

I'll be looking into that before the next change.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:11 PM   #4

They make oil pan drain repair plugs too. Kinda like a thread chase outside of plug with much smaller plug in center to use from then on. I have seen them at Menards even not sure what your plug size is. Hard to beat the Fumoto valve.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 10:49 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Ben, if you bought a 40' coach, you would have had an 8K generator with a small drain plug hole. But no, you went for the 42' coach. Of course, I’m just kidding with you.

Find the parts list for your generator, look for the drain plug. It should list the metric diameter and thread pitch there. Once you have that info, you can order the right Fumoto drain valve. Remember, if the Fumoto part number is followed with the suffix N, it means it has a hose nipple on the end. You can buy the valve both ways.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 06:38 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycarz View Post
Ben, if you bought a 40' coach, you would have had an 8K generator with a small drain plug hole. But no, you went for the 42' coach. Of course, I’m just kidding with you.
Don't know how I missed this on the pre purchase walk thru Harry !

It's like, why did they need to have a 4" dia fuel filler hole on my zero turn mower ? Do people actually need to get that 4 gallons of gas in there at Nascar pitstop speeds ?
Old 06-20-2019, 06:09 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Don't know how I missed this on the pre purchase walk thru Harry !

It's like, why did they need to have a 4" dia fuel filler hole on my zero turn mower ? Do people actually need to get that 4 gallons of gas in there at Nascar pitstop speeds ?

Our ZTR mower is about as fast as a Nascar and my DW loves to ride it
as fast as it will go , they are fun .
My job is pit crew , I stand by with the gas can just like Nascar
She promises to let me drive someday

Ray & Marilyn
03 Windsor
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote