Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-06-2014, 03:56 PM   #1

Temp method to charge eng batteries

My Lambert keep it up went TU and I can not find a new replacement and I have read that the options include the Echo maintainer. I have a good one at home in minnesota and I will put it in when I get home in may or so.

For now I am thinking that turning off the eng disconnect and putting a trickle maintainer charger will keep them where they should be due to the stuf in the dash that draws them down. I wonder if the wire from the keepitup is before or after the disconnect. Thoughts?

Don U 03 dynasty isl 400
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-06-2014, 04:24 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I have the echo charger maintainer and it works great.
I'm sure if you put a maintainer on the chassis batteries now, you shouldn't have to turn the disconnect off. There is a constant power draw on the chassis batteries can be handled by the maintainer.
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:35 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
If you have power and can charge the house batteries a simple jumper to the chassis batteries would keep them up. Mine a 2000, if I turn off the chassis batteries they will be fine for several months without a charge. I do this every year for a couple three months, your may be different. For the jumper if you have jumper cables already use them, if not I use a light 10 gauge on just the positive side with alligator clips.

LEN
Old 02-08-2014, 08:01 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I guess you can use a cable. But if the chassis batteries are low. I wouldn't want to be putting a number 10 wire on the positives post. Also make sure you hit the correct positive 6 volt post or 12 v into a 6 volt battery. Not good.
Get a echo charger or trick-L charger and then you can forget about it.
Old 02-08-2014, 10:18 AM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am currently using the jumper wire method and it's working for me.. I will (thank you by the way) try my Battery minder in about 5 minutes... Blasted battery looks to need replacement end of the month when I have funds to replace with.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:11 PM   #6

I got my echo charger and now I just have to find out which wire is which and connect and test it. Life is good
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 10:25 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Red wire is the house battery +12 volt
Red white wire is the chassis battery +12 v
Black goes to ground

The echo charges charges up to 25 amps to the chassis batteries and floats when they are charged.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:57 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
My Lambert also died. Replaced it with a Trik-L-Start of 5 amps. Worked fine but wanted a little more power like the Lambert. Waited about a year and the same company came out with an Amp-L-Start which was rated at 15 amps. Removed the 5 amp and installed the 15 amp in exactly the same mounting holes. It is also pretty much waterproof as it potted like the old Lambert unit. Real easy install with only 3 wires to hook up. Try looking at www.lslproducts.net.
Good luck and safe travels!
BeltoneMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batteries