Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-16-2010, 07:06 PM   #15

Don...Wow, what a kind offer! Thank you so much. I will definitely give you a ring.
Khenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2010, 08:30 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
New owner...... Man I feel better already after reading the post here..
Roy
Rver13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:53 AM   #17

Fleetwood Owners Club
Khenson... welcome to our world. Yes we have all had these feelings. But we love the life that RV'ing gives us. Sure there will be problems... don't let the little things get you down, you will surprise yourself at how handy you become at fixing things yourself (with help from this forum), it's the best class in the world.
Enjoy your trip across the U.S. it really is a beautiful drive
tedward1555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:35 AM   #18

You people are so nice. I wish I had received that kind of support and good wishes a few years ago.

This place is great!
Old 05-20-2010, 10:07 AM   #19

Alpine Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
It's normal.....Feelings of remorse that is...

Is this you?

One thing to consider...If the chassis is a W22 or W20, you will have to get the brake calipers replaced under recall sometime in the next year or so...see threads here on "WH brakes".

Plan on a 2-3 day PDI and "live" in the RV for that time, use EVERY switch, gage, feature, etc...(several times) use the city water, storage water, propane, EVERYTHING, even if you don't need it...Get the selling dealer to fix anything that doesn't work as it should, BEFORE you hand over the check or sign the paper. After you sign or hand over the check, its YOURS....

THINK

....how much will it cost to get a mis-wired coach rewired? or how much will it cost to have a leaking windshield or roof replaced? or how much will it cost to have incorrect plumbing repaired? or a non-functional hydrohot?....

A Breakdown insurance policy (ext. warranty) is a personal choice...I got one and in the first year it has paid for itself. (5 year/50Kmi Prizm) Others experiences will differ...YMMV

You pays yo money, and takes yo chances...

I would not change my decisions, RV life ROCKS
mythplaced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:27 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Conejo Wholesale is the BEST. I bought my first motorhome from them eight years ago. They did everything possible to make sure it was in good condition before I took delivery. They even put new tires on at their cost after I forgot to include tires when settled on a good price.
Get a Good Sam Extended service plan and everyting is covered for about $900. That way if anything should go wrong on your shakedown trip you are covered.. Just give them a call and they will activate the policy and then your worries are over. They also have a Road Care Plan that covers towing etc. that is well worth the $99.
Enjoy the ride !!!
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:37 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
You should worry if you were not feeling what you're feeling. The way you're feeling now will keep you on your toes for a while and that is a good thing because you'll be tuned to every move, sound and detail of your purchase. It will keep you motivated to learn about "the beast". Just keep in mind that the folks on this forum "have your back" with support, answers to your questions and a little humor along the way. You've jumped in the pool so enjoy the water!
Knotdodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:35 PM   #22

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ford Super Duty Owner
Talking Keep Her

For what it is worth, I own a 06 HR Admiral 34SBD on a W22 chassis. It has been a treat to own and has had VERY few problems. The GFCI has to be replaced in mine about evry 18 months. 12 at Home Depot and 15 minutes with a screwdriver will fix it. It powers t he Micro and Refer from that side circuit and with the ice maker, there is frequent load changes on the GFCI. They use a normal cheap household unit which is easily repaired, but it has a shortened life expectancy. Enjoy. I added air bags and a Roadmaster rear swaybar. Drives great and has terrific storage for our Winter home in TX.
CharlesOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:32 PM   #23

If you are going to base the MH in Deleware do not buy a warranty from a dealer in Ca.! That should be a no brainer. Go with a universal insurance company that is represented in your state.
inspectorudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:31 AM   #24

Thanks to everyone for the support, encouragement, and great advice! Sorry I have not responded sooner.

But, the saga continues with this RV. I got a contract on it and then I got cold feet and backed out. The price we agreed on was $82k. And yes, mythplaced, that is the one you have pictured here. Since I backed out of the deal he is now offering it to me for $79.5k. A good deal...but...since then the Jayco Seneca HD has caught my eye. I am trying to reconcile paying $80k for a class A gasser when I can get a DIESEL Seneca for that same price, same length, same year (2008), same floor plan.

I am sure the Gas v. Diesel debate has been hashed out many times on this forum. Here is my question: How many miles should I expect to get out of the Gas engine on this Holiday Rambler? I expect to put a lot more than the 5k miles a year the average Rver puts on. I plan to put 7.5k to 10k or so per year.

Thanks again!
Khenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 11:54 AM   #25

I'd go with the senaca diesel . Very nice unit
Old 06-06-2010, 08:50 PM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Khenson,
We bought out first diesel pusher last week. Thought we'd camp locally to work out the bugs. WE ARE GLAD we did. Several issues and mostly because we don't know anything about rigs (or camping)..Please stick around the dealer for a few days until you get comfortable.

Jil and Steve (and Max)
Safari Cheetah 03 36'
VW Beetle
Jill is offline   Reply With Quote