Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-11-2021, 07:07 AM   #1

Thank you all!

Good morning from SW Idaho!

Yesterday, I drove our '06 Dynasty to a local RV dealership where we are trading her in on a new and MUCH smaller RV and handed them our keys. Our needs have changed, and our beautiful 42' Countess III is no longer the right fit for the task.

I have really enjoyed this forum, and getting to know so many of you, either thru postings, or even meeting in person. Monaco produced an amazing product! I think we were blessed to have enjoyed a terrific coach produced in their very best of times, and it will be much, much missed.

IRV2 will not be in my past. Rather, my activities will be shifted to the Entegra forum. Yes, we purchased a "small" class C. I wish you all the very best of pleasures and enjoyments from your wonderful Monaco coaches! Cheers, God's blessing, and all the best from our home to yours!
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2021, 07:13 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for your vision and participation here on IRV2. You have helped me so many times, I can't even count.
Have fun on your new RVing chapter.
windsorbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 09:49 AM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Sorry to see you go, Jim!

You have been a great contributor to the Monaco board!!

Cheers... Ben.
Old 05-11-2021, 02:01 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I'm both happy for you and sad to see you leaving the Monaco forum. Your knowledge has been invaluable so many times.
Enjoy your new adventure.
Wish you all the best!
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 02:10 PM   #5

Wishing you and Angie all the best. Thank you for your posts and advice over the years.
Safe travels.
Old 05-11-2021, 02:15 PM   #6

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by K7JV View Post
Good morning from SW Idaho!

Yesterday, I drove our '06 Dynasty to a local RV dealership where we are trading her in on a new and MUCH smaller RV and handed them our keys. Our needs have changed, and our beautiful 42' Countess III is no longer the right fit for the task.

I have really enjoyed this forum, and getting to know so many of you, either thru postings, or even meeting in person. Monaco produced an amazing product! I think we were blessed to have enjoyed a terrific coach produced in their very best of times, and it will be much, much missed.

IRV2 will not be in my past. Rather, my activities will be shifted to the Entegra forum. Yes, we purchased a "small" class C. I wish you all the very best of pleasures and enjoyments from your wonderful Monaco coaches! Cheers, God's blessing, and all the best from our home to yours!
Perhaps in a few weeks or a few months you can share how this worked out for you and share your thoughts. I have a Class C now and I have been thinking about trading it in for a larger Class A, but I haven't yet as I like what I have, still looks like new and the Class C's don't really look any different from the outside since 2009 (same Ford external chassis design). I would like some more room though, but hesitant to change anything just yet due to the larger size of a Class A could be an issues as I like to camp sometimes off of the pavement. ~Craig
Old 05-12-2021, 08:02 AM   #7

Thank you, Craig. What we are doing may be completely crazy, but it seems like the right choice going forward. We no longer intend to "live" in our motorhome, but rather to "RV" in our motorhome. The needs are so different in so many ways. And size is a big (excuse the pun) deal! Our Dynasty served us awesomely, and someone is going to get a lot more great years out of it. But we want to enjoy more of the campgrounds in Idaho and the Northwest that our Dynasty just wouldn't fit into. And we we will have enough less of a material investment in our motorhome that when the time comes to put RV'ing into our memory books, the financial hit won't seem so big.

You are right about the "C's" looking pretty much as they have, and I think that is true. They have come a long way in terms of technology and construction methods, but they are still an oversized camper on a medium sized truck chassis. Our Dynasty had solid oak walls and cupboards. The new one, while not as flimsy as many, is substantially lighter in construction. Our Dynasty had a GVWR in the 45,000 range and the new Entegra has a GVWR in the 15,000 range. HUGE DIFFERENCE! And the engine is between my and my wife's feet, instead of being most of 40' back, so engine noise is going to be a real change. Going from the fantastic HWH air suspension to the conventional Ford suspension will be noticeable. Losing the tag axle will make a huge difference in the ride. Lots of change, some big change, coming! I will try to report back.

Cheers to you, and good luck in your future RV'ing journeys as well. Blessings!
Old 05-12-2021, 10:01 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Good luck in your new endeavors and thanks for your many helpful posts.
pduggs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 06:11 PM   #9

With all respect to the dearly departed, what did you purchase?
Old 05-17-2021, 07:12 AM   #10

Good morning, "kspeders". Well, it was what I would consider to be a HUGE step down, but it was not a bad move for us, at this point in our lives. We bought a 2021 Entegra Esteem, 27U. The three huge hits were: 1) loss of literally tons of storage ability, 2) a bed that is going to be pretty clunky to get used to since it requires folding the mattress up to bring that slide in, and 3) a very, very significant reduction in overall "to the bone" quality of materials, construction and craftsmanship. Let's face it, in the middle half of the 2000's, the Monaco family built one heck of an awesome line of coaches!!!!

On the plus, this coach still does pack a lot of features and "nice-ness" into about as small of a package as you can have, without sacrificing too much comfort and usability.

Where we "snowbirded" for 15 winters, you could say that our Dynasty was used for the full-timing lifestyle, and it served that purpose magnificently!!! Now, we are going to primarily be regional RV'ers. The mission is really different. This new coach is small enough to fit in most campgrounds. Last evening, Angie and I took it to the local mall after they closed, and she drove it around the lot for more than an hour, making fairly tight left and right turns, avoiding trees, parking it forward and parking it by backing it, and just kind of got the feel of the demands of maneuvering in what might be similar to a campground environment. She came away much happier than she did when she tried that with our 42' of luxury, about 16 years ago. (Last year it didn't get used much. Thank God we are seeing some return to normalcy, finally!!)

Anyway, that's where we are and how we got here. Looking forward to maybe another 5 to 7 years of RV'ing, if all goes well and our health and physical abilities hang in there. This forum has been a great source of help and guidance. I appreciate you all!!!

Cheers and blessings around!!!
Old 05-17-2021, 10:39 AM   #11

Appreciate your response! There are definitely times I wish I had two rigs to swap between based on the adventure. Enjoy! … Scott
Old 05-17-2021, 01:11 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Best of luck in your new RV. Thank you for contributing as much as you have on the Monaco forum. Your knowledge and experience will be missed.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2021, 04:26 PM   #13

Congrats on your new purchase, appreciate your wisdom over the years, you may still need to drop in on us from time to time to straighten us out.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote