Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2010, 07:04 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Post Tire Pressure

Hello again my Monaco friends, I have a question about tire pressure,every time I get ready to leave on a trip I check my tire pressure and when I go to air my tires up it seems I can never get the pressure up. I know the convience stores dont usually have enough pressure for truck tires but why cant I get the pressure up when I stop at a truck stop? I tried to use the air pressure from my coach and it went up a little but no can do. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
Bonanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2010, 07:08 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
Any help would be appreciated.
How much air pressure are you expecting to run in your tires?
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:22 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I run 110 in the front and 100-105 in the rear
Old 07-04-2010, 07:27 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
For example this morning I checked all my tires I hand 110 in pass front and 106 in driver front , 105 in both pass rear, 105 in outside driver and 85 on inside driver, I tried to air the front low and rear low and all I could get was106 still in front and finally got 96 in rear low. What so what do I do?
Old 07-04-2010, 07:36 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
I run 105 square in my LaPalma. I have a 150 lb compressor, but when the pressure gage on the compressor says 115, I have to stop, blead the compressor down till it kicks back on, goes up past 125 before it puts higher pressure in the tires. Maybe where your getting air the regulator is set low!
howie-2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:02 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I just had my tires in the rear of my Winnie replaced and the tire shop put 100 psi. Winnebago says that I should be running at 80psi front and rear. After reading this post I'm concerned that I may be running at too low of a psi. Am I missing something?
Old 07-04-2010, 09:08 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by crumgj View Post
After reading this post I'm concerned that I may be running at too low of a psi. Am I missing something?
If you know your weights, (CAT Scale) and know where the inflation chart is for your tire manufacturer you can determine the numbers yourself. Become empowered! Inflate your tires to the next higher rating on the chart vs your actual weight and you will be both safe and comfortable.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:10 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
Hello again my Monaco friends, I have a question about tire pressure,every time I get ready to leave on a trip I check my tire pressure and when I go to air my tires up it seems I can never get the pressure up. I know the convience stores dont usually have enough pressure for truck tires but why cant I get the pressure up when I stop at a truck stop? I tried to use the air pressure from my coach and it went up a little but no can do. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.
I used to have that problem with the coach air and the 20 gallon compressor in my garage. I purchased one of these and life is good now:
http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...u=00915309000P

If this little compressor breaks I will not be able to rest until it is replaced.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:42 PM   #9

I purchased 50' of rubber air hose, related chucks and I top up the tires on my 2008 Diplomat using the coach compressor. With the engine running, transmission in neutral, brakes on, I set the cruise control to keep the rpms up while I top up the tires. No problem getting to 105-110. If you still can't reach the desired pressure, buying a small compressor as recommended by "nodine" is the answer.

There is so much volume in a Class A coach tire that by the time you get to a service station the tires have heated up and you can't get an accurate reading.
BHEMOTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:24 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Hi, Bonanza. I run 100 psi all around, the maximum for my tires is 125 I found that anything more gives a harsh ride. Smokeater75
Old 09-21-2010, 10:28 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeater75 View Post
Hi, Bonanza. I run 100 psi all around, the maximum for my tires is 125 I found that anything more gives a harsh ride. Smokeater75

Smoke you might want to weigh your coach and air accordingly, the tires and rim has to be taken into consideration on max air. That is the only way you can really know what pressure to use and if you cant get a weight on each tire or dual then you need to increase the pressure a few % for the unknown side to side weight. The correct air pressure is very important as low air pressure can cause tire denomination from excess heat build up and that could take out your air bags and all the air hoses and thats a mess.

Bonanza its no reason you cant air up your tires with the engine air compressor just have someone to fan the brakes when it gets close to 110#, if you need to raise the pressure your air governor should be located on the Dip on the right rear frame rail just in front of the radiator and the Dynasty on the rear right rail behind the engine it will have 3 1/4 inch lines and the air governor will have a cover on the adjustment screw that looks like a mexican hat, CCW to raise and CW to lower make adjustments in small increments.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 05:55 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHEMOTH View Post
With the engine running, transmission in neutral, brakes on, I set the cruise control to keep the rpms up while I top up the tires using 50' of rubber air hose, related chucks, no problem getting to 105-110 using the compressor on the coach. If you still can't reach the desired pressure, buying a small compressor as recommended by "nodine" is the answer.

There is so much volume in a Class A coach tire that by the time you get to a service station the tires have heated up and you can't get an accurate reading.
I have used this method for many years while trucking. I have henceforth carried it over to my RV.
OnJa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 07:29 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I had the same problem and bought a different air chuck and everything worked great.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:53 PM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
I used to have that problem with the coach air and the 20 gallon compressor in my garage. I purchased one of these and life is good now:
Sears: Appliances, Tools, Electronics, Apparel and more from Craftsman, Kenmore, Diehard and other Leading Brands

If this little compressor breaks I will not be able to rest until it is replaced.

Bob
I had the same problem and got the same compressor here. I can now put air in my tires