Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2021, 07:12 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Tire Pressure Monitoring Suggestions

I am looking for a recommendation on a GOOD TPMS system. I need a system that supports 10 tire monitors - 6 on coach and 4 on trailer and a readable color monitor. (not a phone system.) I have two different systems now, and both have serious faults. I have found some pricey units available to buy, but I don't want to buy one and find out it's as bad as what I already have. Any insights will be most appreciated.

I had my trailer system fail completely for about 30 minutes recently (all readings went away) and that's when I blew a tire. Great system.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2021, 07:25 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
TST 507 is probably the most popular and reliable.
Old 04-30-2021, 05:58 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinstar 1114 View Post
TST 507 is probably the most popular and reliable.
Ditto
Old 04-30-2021, 08:01 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
As far as I can tell, they're all fairly cheap consumer-grade units or horrendously expensive commercial-class products, and nothing in between...
I'm guessing this is probably one of the two you're saying has failed you, but... eeztire is the only one I have direct experience with (4 years) and it has worked well for me. At one point a sensor battery went out and the head unit stopped recognizing it. I assumed the sensor had failed, and called customer service to try and get a warranty replacement. They walked me through re-adding the sensor to fix the issue.
Bit different use case than yours though. I'm using it with 8 coach sensors, no remote booster or trailer/toad sensors.
Cheers,
Walter
Old 04-30-2021, 08:10 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardy1000 View Post
Ditto

X3 for TST
Old 04-30-2021, 08:10 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here you go. Great company and they support the forum as well.
I have been using their product since they first came out.

https://tsttruck.com
👍👌
2012 Journey 36M, Cummings 360hp
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 08:16 AM   #7
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
We have used the EezTire TPMS...

https://eezrvproducts.com/shop/ols/p...r-plus-booster

...very successfully for the past several years. Great system, and easy to set up. The monitor is easy-to-read and the audible alarm is easily heard if it should ever be needed.

One feature we especially like is being able to drop the toad with the simple push of two buttons simultaneously. Putting it back online simply requires a two-button push.

We prefer the non-flow-through sensors as they are lighter. And, recently EezTire came out with an even smaller, lighter version of them. I believe they are now included in all new system packages. And, the signal booster is included in the package as well.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 08:37 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you all for your replies. Looks like the TST gets the most votes. I really appreciate you all taking your time to reply. Such a great community. Be safe and have fun. Don
Old 04-30-2021, 09:00 AM   #9
TJ

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Location: Northwest Washington State or Western Montana, depending on the season.
Both the TST and EezTire TPMS systems are good products. We looked closely at both and they seem nearly identical tidal in features and operation. In the end, the lower cost of additional sensors ($40 vs $62) moved us toward EezTire since we needed 12 for the coach (with tag) and toad.

TJ
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 09:38 AM   #10

Tireminder works great for me. It’s won some RV magazine readers choice awards. For what that’s worth lol.
Old 05-01-2021, 08:18 AM   #11

Another vote for Eez Tire TPMS. Saved my trailer tire just last week. Picked up a nail in the gas station. Noticed the PSI dropping 1PSI every time it would show that tires read out. Decided to pull over and sure enough there was a nail. Swapped out the spare and moved over the sensor. Back on the road!
Old 05-02-2021, 06:14 AM   #12

TST
Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 06:54 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I personally run the TST and like it.

However, if you have or ever will have the SilverLeaf monitoring system, I believe it is compatible with Pressure Pro.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 07:06 AM   #14

TST for me also.

Tags
monitor, tire, tire pressure