Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2015, 08:47 AM   #1

To Air Dump or Not To Air Dump

When arriving at destination should I dump the air and then level, or not? The manual on my 07 42 ft Camelot doesn't instruct me to dump and then level, but it would lower the coach a bit which is nice. Also, what are the proper steps to follow when using the Air Dump function. New to my coach and new to the forum.
Thank you
Andersku is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2015, 08:52 AM   #2
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
You didn't mention if your coach has slides but Monaco recommends extending the slides then dump the air. I always dump the air after extending the slides which lowers the coach so the jacks don't have to extend so far.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 08:57 AM   #3

Thank you for the reply. Four slides with Valid auto air leveling system.
Old 05-09-2015, 10:15 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andersku View Post
When arriving at destination should I dump the air and then level, or not? The manual on my 07 42 ft Camelot doesn't instruct me to dump and then level, but it would lower the coach a bit which is nice. Also, what are the proper steps to follow when using the Air Dump function. New to my coach and new to the forum.
Thank you

I have air leveling also and I don't dump the air just because the compressor has to work a lot harder to air back up but when I level I level first then put my slides out then the system goes into a sleep mod and if needed comes on to level again.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 10:38 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I would only dump if the coach was level...causes a lot of chassis flex with the amount of weight and length. Also, have not really read any instruction on set up that tells you to dump or when to dump.
King Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 11:12 AM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I have air leveling and three slides. Monaco recommends extending the slides while the coach is at "travel" height on the air bags. After I put the slides out I dump the air, then level. When departing, I start the engine and turn off the air leveling, letting the air bags fill back up to the "travel" position. Then I retract the slides.

I dump the air so the entry door step will be as close to the ground as possible, keeping us from having to use a stepstool!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 06:33 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
I too have an 07 Camelot 42PDQ with Valid air leveling.
I always dump my air then level and then deploy the slides. Yea, I know Monaco recommends deploy the slides then level, but I also know when the chassis is straight and level, the slides will operate as they should with no binding etc. JMHO and it works for me.
bgbranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 06:51 AM   #8

I agree with Joe (MSHappyCampers). The big difference is about the step height after leveling. If that's not a concern, makes no difference if you dump prior to leveling or not. If you want to keep it as low as possible for your stay, dump first.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:13 AM   #9

Thank you bgbranch, do you dump with the key in the accessory position as suggested elsewhere? I am new to air leveling and the logic of leveling prior to deploying slides makes sense, and I want to get the steps down right for my checklist.
Old 05-10-2015, 07:26 AM   #10

Our MH directs us to dump air, level, then extend slides. All while engine is running.
Old 05-10-2015, 08:53 AM   #11

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I believe HR's and Monaco's have a relay that will not allow you to extend slides with the engine running. I have a different jack system (PG-Hyd) so I will not confuse the OP with my manual's steps.
Playtime III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 09:37 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
On our monaco the instructions say the slides are the first out, last in. Always extend and retract in the travel height that the coach adjust on the fly.
Then I level after extending slides.
I rarely dump the air, if I do it is after the slides go out.
Remember that Monaco is different in this procedure than other coachs.
The Camalot maybe different still.
I do try and follow the instructions as I figure those folks know more than I do.
TMan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 05:13 PM   #13

Front Wheels before you drop the chassis

07 Monaco 43 Executive. If I drop my coach with the front wheels turned, the tires will (and have) bust the finder wells!
Bill Fleming1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 07:51 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
I could see where that would happen it drops so much !

I finally got this air dump 'feature' to work on our new to us 2011 Diplomat

I happened to have the door open and decided to push the switch and heard the hiss like when I used to let the air out of the rear bags on the truck I pulled the 5er with!

Didn't know or hadn't read/been told that I have to hold the button down on this one until it drops.... guess I should ensure the steps don't ground, but other than that, how long do I let it drop ? is there a minimum or maximum?

Thanks ! (SO many things to learn on this thing )