Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2007, 04:13 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Dumping the tank didn't clear the blockage...it was definatly in the "pipe" between the toilet and the holding tank....since plunging it is working fine..at least so far!!!
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2007, 07:52 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Teofff...
You said dumping the tank did NOT clear the blockage...but you did NOT say you used Sacs' method with the water hose??? He was truly serious when he described the hose method. It has been done on the previous motorhomes with great success
Merry Christmas...and have fun with the hose!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 06:53 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
MM & SACS:
Merry Christmas to you guys! I plan to use SAC's hose method, but since I plunged the toilet, it's been working fine. I have another problem...what's an RV trip without multiple problems...the Washer/dryer is leaking from behind the unit. Had suds on the ground yesterday...just pulling it out looks like a real task!!!
Old 12-27-2007, 06:55 PM   #18

Ok, I have to ask, isn't that the purpose of the tank sprayer, to keep "things" moving?
Mbl Cndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 07:52 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
You would think that is the purpose of the mobil sprayer, but there is obviously some type of obstruction in the tube between the toilet and the holding tank..about every other day it clogs and has to be plunged. I think SACs is right, I need to get a hose and try to power wash it out...but it hasn't stopped raining long enough for me to want to go outside and do that...it's easier to use the plunger for now.
Old 12-28-2007, 05:23 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by teofff:
MM & SACS:
Merry Christmas to you guys! I plan to use SAC's hose method, but since I plunged the toilet, it's been working fine. I have another problem...what's an RV trip without multiple problems...the Washer/dryer is leaking from behind the unit. Had suds on the ground yesterday...just pulling it out looks like a real task!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will say it is one Heavy unit. I do not think I would want to fight with it. Thank goodness the wife came to her sences so I can sell mine instead of installing it.

03 Saturn L2
abray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 09:20 AM   #21

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by teofff:
You would think that is the purpose of the mobile sprayer, but there is obviously some type of obstruction in the tube between the toilet and the holding tank..about every other day it clogs and has to be plunged. I think SACs is right, I need to get a hose and try to power wash it out...but it hasn't stopped raining long enough for me to want to go outside and do that...it's easier to use the plunger for now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Not sure about your model, but in the PAQ, I have an access panel in the wardrobe area. From there I can pretty much see (or touch) the plumbing.
Mbl Cndo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 11:50 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Mbl:
On my 01 Dynasty, you can't see anything other than it is a curved pipe going down to the holding tank. I went over to camper world and asked them for their opinion...they said not enough water to flush it down...I am not sure I beleive that...I'm still inclined to go with SAC's answer to power hose it. When I get out of rain country, I will try that....meanwhile the handy plunger is our best friend
Old 12-28-2007, 12:03 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Its a wonder they said you should be using RV toilet paper have always use the Scotts septic type even in one coach with offset, once you unplug use plenty of water.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote