Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-05-2015, 06:33 PM   #1

Toilet still not working!!!

About 3 days ago I posted that I'm having trouble with my toilet. Well, I still am. First of all thanks for the folks that let me know I didn't give enough info. So, here goes.

This is an electronic toilet with a macerator on it. Also there is a light showing on the wall not to flush. (Also a green light, of course that isn't on. I know the water valve is in the "on" position. Other than that, I don't have a clue. I have looked in the panel on the wall, but everything seems to be OK there. I do have a second half bath and that toilet works fine (fortunately).

Should I try to take all apart and see what I can find out? Should I find out if electricity is running through electric lines to it?

I do like to handle things myself if possible. Ideas? Help!
ovibugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-05-2015, 06:41 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
It sounds, from your description, that you have a Thetford Tecma Silence Plus toilet. Here's a link to the Owner's Manual for that toilet: http://www.thetford.com/wp-content/u...enceRV-Eng.pdf

There are troubleshooting procedures starting on Page 17.

Good luck.

Take care,
Stu
Old 11-05-2015, 07:52 PM   #3
YC1

Empty the tanks and flush them. It sounds like it thinks your tanks are full. You may have to buy a wand to push up into the dump valve area.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 05:00 PM   #4

[QUOTE=777 Driver;2813750]It sounds, from your description, that you have a Thetford Tecma Silence Plus toilet. Here's a link to the Owner's Manual for that toilet: http://www.thetford.com/wp-content/u...enceRV-Eng.pdf

There are troubleshooting procedures starting on Page 17.

Good luck.

Take care,
Stu

Thanks! I hope I can find an answer.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:03 PM   #5

[QUOTE=YC1;2813852]Empty the tanks and flush them. It sounds like it thinks your tanks are full. You may have to buy a wand to push up into the dump valve area.

Tanks were kind of full when we got the coach and didn't even realize it. I did empty and flush on our overnight last week.

Maybe the wand will be the trick.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:19 PM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
The Thetford Tecma Silence toilet has a full tank flush lockout. When the sensor senses that the holding tank is full, the flush system is "locked out", preventing flushing into a full tank.

The flush lockout CAN be overridden, if you know that the holding tank is NOT completely full. The procedure to override the flush lockout is very simple. Simply depress the flush button for about 8 seconds.

IF the toilet flushes after holding the flush button for about 8 seconds, you will confirm that the toilet flush is functional.

Take care,
Stu
Old 11-06-2015, 05:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 777 Driver View Post
The Thetford Tecma Silence toilet has a full tank flush lockout. When the sensor senses that the holding tank is full, the flush system is "locked out", preventing flushing into a full tank.

The flush lockout CAN be overridden, if you know that the holding tank is NOT completely full. The procedure to override the flush lockout is very simple. Simply depress the flush button for about 8 seconds.

IF the toilet flushes after holding the flush button for about 8 seconds, you will confirm that the toilet flush is functional.

Take care,
Stu
I have gotten 5 or more additional flushes when my red light comes on by holding the button till it flushes.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:17 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointrow View Post
I have gotten 5 or more additional flushes when my red light comes on by holding the button till it flushes.
I think that's what the manual advertises...5 flushes after the red light illuminates.

There IS a cautionary note. You're intentionally pumping fluid into a tank that is full, or nearly full. At some point, the tank WILL be FULL. You run a risk of doing physical damage to the system that will be unpleasant, or expensive, or both, to repair.

The Tecma Silence has it's own, separate holding tank sensors. Sensors that are separate in location from the RV holding tank sensor system,

Take care,
Stu