Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-24-2009, 11:27 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
No, I actually want a fair deal...a reasonable price on both ends.....I understand there need to make a profit....but they set the sell price...I just want a fair price on my trade.
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-24-2009, 11:32 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Andy:
Can you tell you annoyed me? I didn't read your complete post...you are right about knowing what you own, and we will be ahead of the game financially if we just keep ours in good shape....that's what we have decided to do.
Old 01-24-2009, 12:54 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Teofff...just a friendly reminder about "flaming" other members. Please be mindful of your words.

Thank You...

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:38 PM   #18

Didn't mean to annoy you, and I hope I didn't come off the worng way. My appologies if soo.

The motorhome market is very much like the housing market and even though there are some real great deals on new and preowned, we must also understand that we will also take the hit on our home or coach if we need to sell.

A buyer right now who might not own a house or a motorcoach is in a great position to call the shots.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:14 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
MM took me to the woodshed for my language when voicing my annoyance at your post...my fault...I apologize...but frankly, I found the frist part of your post condescending....
Your right, however...any cash buyer looking for a home or a MH is in the drivers seat.
Attempting to trade our MH was a frustrating and very eye opening experience, to say the least. We have seen dealers who have similar models to mine on their lots, asking $129,000, which I realize doesn't mean anything, but then offer me $50,000 for mine. We have a great coach...just wanted 3 slides. The experience made our decision to keep it very easy.
Old 01-24-2009, 04:35 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
When you get down to the $$$$$ what you want and what the dealer wants has only one thing in the common and that is the difference between. What you are willing to pay plus your rig. It really does not matter what you get for yours, only what your willing to pay. Everyone wants top dollar for theirs and low ball for theirs but in the end the difference is the only thing that matters. Unless you can sell first and then deal no trade which is always a plus.

LEN
Old 01-24-2009, 06:13 PM   #21

I could understand your frustration because I myself thought I got a great deal on my coach about 1.5 years ago. 64,000 miles, 1997 Dynasty and I paid 61K for it. At that time I believe it was a great deal, a steal if you will, but the new market today has shed new light on what my coach might be worth in todays market. The words "might be worth" is not at all about what I think it is worth, but for what someone will actually offer me. The offer is the "real deal" that indicates what it is worth during that given time. I have a funny feeling that if I actually had to sell it, someone might only pay 45-47K for it because of the economy that we are in, and that might only be a retail buyer and not a dealer.

I look all the time through the net for a possible upgraded coach to mine, and the deals look really really sweet, but then reality hits and I quickly forget that I would have to sell mine first.

I realize that it is not the coach that makes for the fun, but the flexability that the coach offers to allow for myself and family to travel to and from, those places we have fun at. It still has many of the great amenities of a brand new 2009. It has three beds, a big fridge, ac, heat, shower, tons of storage, home theater system ect..... and it actually has one more amenity that a new coach doesn't have, the endless first years that you need to be dependant on a dealer. The best feature of all is, the extra funds that might sit in my pocket which will allow for a more flexible lifestyle and reduced stress.
Old 01-24-2009, 06:26 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
When I bought mine, I thought, and still beleive I bought at a fair deal (for me and the dealer)....but who could have guessed he economy would implode the way it has....and like you, I am not exactly disadvantaged in having to keep mine. It runs great, and everything works! Truth be known, assuming the country doesn't completly fail, having the cash at hand is with out a doubt a far smarter strategy than having a 3rd slide!!!
Old 01-24-2009, 06:30 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Dealers putting phony MSP docs in MH's goes way back. Monaco sent me via e-mail the build sheet and original MSRP on a used coach once and I've insisted on seeing the original MSRP when looking at new rigs. They don't like to leave them floating around in coaches because folks take them like flyers in a open house!
A delaer at a show in Daytona had them under clear plastic and taped to the counter top and were still losing them!
Old 01-24-2009, 06:42 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Andy
We just purchased a 1997 Dynasty about a month ago and you are absolutely correct, if you have cash to purchase now is the time to buy. Not having to sell or trade another coach makes it easier.
Your guess as to the currant value is a little on the high side at the moment, people are nervous. Although I expect in a year or two it will rebound.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:13 PM   #25

Was wondering where you went off to. Did you make it back in one piece? Drop me a line, i'm interested in what you think of your new preowned coach.