Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2021, 10:20 AM   #1
C20

Trailer brake

Does anyone know if my 2015 dynasty is prewired for a trailer brake controller?
Thanks
C20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2021, 12:15 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I would bet it is, but finding the right wire might be alot more troublesome than running a new wire. For me, I got a Curt Echo Bluetooth controller. I have one trailer I tow with three different tow vehicles (MH, Suburban, Cherokee) This uses an app on my iPhone to run the trailer brakes via bluetooth.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 01:23 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I'll second that the Curt Echo Bluetooth controller works great.

No more dedicated controller in each vehicle, I just move the dongle between vehicle and trailer.

Works great to share with friends who borrow one of my trailers too.
Old 06-07-2021, 05:16 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Yes, assuming your 2015 is similar to our legacy coaches it should have a wire bundle under the dash for a trailer brake controller.
They are difficult to find. It was under the dash to the left of the steering column tied back above the diagnostic connector set.

It has 5 wires: blue, red, & white stripes down one side of the connector; and black-white stripe, yellow-black stripe down the other side. My connector has "66" written on both sides with a sharpie.
Start reading at post #17
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/tra...-309241-2.html

I used a Tekonsha Prodigy brake controller and am very happy with it. It is a true proportional brake controller.

I replaced the original 10 amp fuse with an auto reset circuit breaker that fits into the ATC fuse slot.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2021, 10:50 PM   #5
C20

Thank you all for your replies. I’ll do some looking around tomorrow. I’m with the MH now and can take a look.
Old 06-08-2021, 10:37 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
You also need a 12vdc power to keep your breakaway battery alive. On my rig, that pin has no power without the key is run. Yours may be different.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 10:25 PM   #7
C20

Thank you all, I bought the Curt system today and when I get to the trailer on Monday I'll hook it up.
Old 10-28-2021, 09:30 AM   #8

I’ve also got the Curt only problem is it comes on with the Jake or PAC brake as it sees the brake lights and that makes it come on and activate the brakes on the trailer.
99Monaco is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, trailer