Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-16-2016, 07:55 AM   #1

Trailer Brake Controller Wiring & Racor Fuel prime

2004 HR Navigator 500ISM

Is there a trailer brake controller wiring harness installed from he factory?

also my Racor Fuel prime & water drain is in-op or so it appears so.

I checked the wiring to and seems to be no 12vdc power to it. When should it have power ?

Key on engine off?

Key on?

any idea where to look for a fuse?

Thanks in advance
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2016, 06:53 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Thumbs up Racor 700

On my maiden voyage with my 04 Sig the fuel priming pump/ primary filter went bad and allowed air to be sucked in to the fuel system and I coasted to a stop on the edge of Interstate 25 south of Denver. (Another story) When back home I replaced it with a new Racor unit. Those original units were known to fail as mine did. The new unit is awesome and I install filters dry and the pump fills them with fuel, both one at a time. It was plug and play for the replacement unit. They can be bought from Parker Hose Stores all over the country with filters available there too......

http://www.snapgreentech.com/store/i...700_SERIES.pdf

Dave
Old 06-17-2016, 08:09 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Trailer Brake Controller Wiring & Racor Fuel prime

I recently replaced the original Winn unit with the Racor unit on my 1994 Signature as my priming pump had stopped working.

I also installed 1/4 turn cutoff valves on the input and output of the filter to contain the diesel fuel better during filter changes.

I like the new Racor unit a lot and installed the primary filter dry and used the priming pump to fill it. I still have to change the secondary filter.

Paul
pwhittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 08:26 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Here is a link to Unified Tow Brake Controller wiring on Monaco coaches until 2006, it does not show the HR Navigator as being prewired but you may check to see if there are pig tails similar to the pictures.

Brake Controller Location Guide for Monaco Brand Motor Homes - Unified Tow Brake
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 12:18 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Look over your 12v fuses and look for anything to do with Trailer brakes. Mine shows a fuse for "AUX BRAKE CONTRLR" and it was pre-wired. If none, it probably isn't pre-wired.
Old 06-18-2016, 11:49 AM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
I just took a look both under my dash and in the fuse box for any signs of trailer brake wiring. I couldn't find any and I think my coach is somewhat similar to yours.
2-Nickels is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake, fuel, wiring