Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-06-2020, 06:33 PM   #1

Trekmate Security/Anti-Theft System

This is my first posting to this group, I have only had my coach for a couple months and am trying to upgrade some things before we even start to go anywhere. I purchased a really nice 1996 Monaco Dynasty and am concerned that maybe I'm the only one in the country that has a coach that old!! As I've discovered - technical information is virtually impossible to get it seems. Monaco obviously did a very poor job documenting build specs., and I would venture to say there are no two coaches out there that are exactly alike (I even have a lot of wiring that is just cut and doesn't go anywhere). I do have a pouch with information in it but it's only sales type documentation and not of very much use. I would like to note that I definitely appreciate those who have shown enough concern for others to contribute to this forum though...I don't know where you could get much more info.!!

My problem is, it's gotten to when I start my coach, it starts and then dies immediately, I can't keep it running. The generator starts and runs OK but will not assist in starting the coach.

I'm concerned that maybe it's the Trekmate Security/Anti-Theft System??? I have tried re-setting it. I was wondering if anyone has any clue to how the system is wired?

Thanks,

Gregg
gwl24651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-06-2020, 07:05 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Have you changed out the fuel filters? How old is the fuel? Have you put any additive in the fuel to stop algae or other fuel deterioration?
Old 08-06-2020, 07:20 PM   #3

Welcome to the forum, not sure you can blame Monaco for wiring issues on a 24 year old coach, I'm sure previous owners have had a little to do with that, I agree with rschreifels on replacing fuel filters etc.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 10:26 AM   #4

Hope you found your issue.My guess is that the alarm would de-activate the starter not just fuel solenoid. Monaco back then put a lot of extra unused wires that can come in handy for add-ons as long as you find where they start and terminate at.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote