Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-28-2014, 05:09 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutensteve View Post
James & George ... I appreciate all of your advice. I will definitely get a second opinion.

I apologize for taking over the original thread.

Steve
Sorry for your trouble Steve. If you don't find a bad start capacitor and end up replacing the unit I would suggest going up to the 15,000 BTU unit over the stock 13,5000 BTU unit. When a tree fell on our coach a few years ago it took out the rear AC. The shop could not find a 13.5 unit with the heat pump option and installed a 15K instead. I don't know the price difference because insurance covered the cost. I can tell you they are the same height on the roof. You can visually tell the difference because the 15K unit has vent holes down one side of the cover.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-28-2014, 10:50 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
Sorry for your trouble Steve. If you don't find a bad start capacitor and end up replacing the unit I would suggest going up to the 15,000 BTU unit over the stock 13,5000 BTU unit. When a tree fell on our coach a few years ago it took out the rear AC. The shop could not find a 13.5 unit with the heat pump option and installed a 15K instead. I don't know the price difference because insurance covered the cost. I can tell you they are the same height on the roof. You can visually tell the difference because the 15K unit has vent holes down one side of the cover.

Bob
Bob ... I had thought about replacing it with the 15k unit also. I don't think the cost difference is that much and should really help with the cooling of the large area up front. Thanks for the advice.

Steve
nutensteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
panel