Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-20-2021, 07:26 AM   #15

Thanks for the info. If you go to Bill D's Monacoers website, all the TRW manuals are there. The TAS Steering Gear Service Manual has all the diagrams and adjustment procedures. Perhaps you will see something I'm missing. God Bless, Ed
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2021, 04:33 PM   #16

Just checking

I'm going to chime in and ask what was the original problem with the coach? I'm assuming that the front end has been jacked up and all suspension related parts have been checked for wear? Wheel bearings , leaf springs shackles, centering pins, all bolts are fasteners,tie rods
drag link ? Have you had a hd alignment shop check the alignment, on all axles? Any thrust angles out of spec? Any difference with engine running or it off???
fordguydel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 08:16 PM   #17

The issue is excessive play in the steering. All components have been checked, alignment done. Have decided it is the steering box. Will be replacing when we get back from out trip. God Bless, Ed
Old 09-22-2021, 06:49 AM   #18

I did find a manual online, but without a part number for your box, there is no way to know if it applies. It does talk about adjusting the end play of the input shaft, but without a box in front of me, it is unclear exactly what the procedure is having you do. It does appear to be done with shims, however when I look at the drawing, it is not obvious where those shims are. The drawing shows a lock nut, which suggests there is a tension/position adjustment on the shaft bearings.
Old 09-25-2021, 07:21 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to tomgauger
I would certainly have a look at the front end of the drag link. Mine was so sloppy that it would not pass state inspection. (Mine was without a grease fitting on the front end) There's a guy in Coberg making a good living by building them for Monaco coaches of a certain age.
tomgauger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
steering