RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2020, 06:00 PM   #1

TV Lift Motor

I have a problem with the motor in my ceiling tv lift. I have 120 volts going to the motor connection but the motor does nothing. The question is, how do I get the motor out of there?

The motor goes through a square tube with three screws on each edge. If I take out these 9 screws does the tv fall out of the sky or does the cover of the square tube just lift off giving me access to the motor?

Do I have to take the tv out and all of the cables or can I leave the tv in?

I know several people have replaced their motors but I can't find any resources to give me directions.

2017 Riverstone Legacy
Northernaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-19-2020, 11:36 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Hypoxia is our resident expert on TV lifts. Here's a link to the previous thread. Post #2 explains the system as well as troubleshooting. Post #3 is a link to the manuals.
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/mon...op-491146.html
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 06:19 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quick link to files, there are 4 TV Lift files you may want to download. I had a broken metal gear in the motor which was likely caused by someone hanging from the lift. Commonly caused by a theft attempt or so I am told.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/downloads.php?do=my

Old 06-20-2020, 09:34 AM   #4

Hypoxia, I have downloaded all the manuals I could find but none of them cover the motor in any detail.

When you removed your motor, did you have to remove the TV and frame first?

Also, I have 120V going to the motor when I push the down button but the motor doesn't run. When I ohmed the motor it shows open. Is there an interlock or internal fuse in there?

2017 Riverstone Legacy
Old 06-20-2020, 02:21 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernaire View Post
Hypoxia, I have downloaded all the manuals I could find but none of them cover the motor in any detail. When you removed your motor, did you have to remove the TV and frame first?
Also, I have 120V going to the motor when I push the down button but the motor doesn't run. When I ohmed the motor it shows open. Is there an interlock or internal fuse in there?
I don't have any info on the motor operation other than what those downloads show. I was in the middle of a bunch of projects and travel & didn't make any other notes that I can find. I have a few photos of the gearbox. I did take the TV and frame off for access. I ordered the motor and the lead time was around 2 months. The sticker on the motor said Lift It, Inc., Made in USA,Lift It: Flip-Down Ceiling TV Lifts for LCD and Plasma Televisions, Model #LFT-23-A0020-B. The motor was around $700.

There have been a few times it didn't move up or down in the last few years.
I unplug the motor wire at controller JP3 and unplugged 120 VAC source, the relay clicks and everything starts working like normal (same symptom & cure 2X)

Are you measuring the 120 VAC at the control module or where? Do you get any indication/noise, clicking at the controller or motor when trying to raise/lower it? Have you manually lowered it? It needs to be lowered for access.
Old 06-21-2020, 09:20 AM   #6

OK, that was too much fun. I didn't realize how much stuff had to come out and how heavy the motor was.
I was getting the clicks at the controller and read the 120v at the four pin connector at the controller and at the connector going to the motor.

When I disassembled the motor assembly I noticed the micro-switch for the manual opperation. When switching from manual to auto the micro wasn't deactivating. I had to adjust it a nudge. Life is good again. I just saved another $600.
Now I have to get this all back together and check out the controller. When I was checking for120v at the 4 pin I noticed that the up pin wasn't activating every time. Might have a cold solder joint somewhere.
If nothing else I now know more about this motor assy then I did yesterday at this time. I just wish that in all of these manuals that I downloaded there would have been disassembly instructions or exploded views of the motor assy itself. Would have made life a lot easier.

2017 Riverstone Legacy

Tags
motor