Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2012, 04:18 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Here is a few shots of my version of getting rid of the 80lb head and shoulder banger and replace it with a 32" Visio LDC LED which weights in at about 18lbs or less and get a full IMAX window view. I used all existing wood from the old cabinet purchasing only the piano hinge and the barrel bolt latches, and some peel and stick foam for the edges of the TV where it docks against the step in the cabinet during travel mode. Will be glad to answer any questions as unfortunately I didn't take step by step pics.

CHEERS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0517.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	239.3 KB
ID:	16974   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0518.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	16975  

Name:	IMG_0519.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	240.6 KB
ID:	16976   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0520.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	236.9 KB
ID:	16977  

Name:	IMG_0522.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	16978   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0521.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	213.1 KB
ID:	16979  

Name:	IMG_0528.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	246.1 KB
ID:	16980   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0527.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	16981  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2012, 06:59 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
My old overhead tv is now non working and I want to replace it with a lighter, flat screen. While I can easily add the new tv, I have yet to figure out how to get the old set out. We have a 2006 Monaco Monarch SE PDD, the tv in question is an RCA model. My problem is gettting the face molding off so I can get it removed. The molding has no front screws, the rear tv cabinet face is held on by 4 plugged screws on the front of the molding. This tv has two plugged screws on each side near the bottom but no others that I can see. Are there some others that are hidden? Anyone else have this setup that can help me I would appreciate it.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:13 PM   #17

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Forest River Owners Club
We did away with the overhead tv and made a storage cabinet. Very uncomfortable watching tv from that angle. We have a fold out table across from the sofa and set the new tv on it when camping. During travel the tv rides on the bed.
calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:59 AM   #18

Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Cruiser View Post
Here is a few shots of my version of getting rid of the 80lb head and shoulder banger and replace it with a 32" Visio LDC LED which weights in at about 18lbs or less and get a full IMAX window view. I used all existing wood from the old cabinet purchasing only the piano hinge and the barrel bolt latches, and some peel and stick foam for the edges of the TV where it docks against the step in the cabinet during travel mode. Will be glad to answer any questions as unfortunately I didn't take step by step pics.

CHEERS
I like it. Do you have to use any extra support for travel?
Old 01-10-2012, 07:14 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Never Underestimate Canadians' Capacity for Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Cruiser View Post
Here is a few shots of my version...
Awsome workmanship. My ears are ringing from just seeing the array of speakers, encircling the front occupants. 'Got my brain zipping thru all our Canadian rocker favorites, over the years. Many, many
RVNeophytes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:13 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks guys!!! The TV sits in its docking position real solid so not sure if I will need anything else to support it. Its a real light TV being an LED. Haven't quite finished all the final details yet and will reacess everything when I finish it. The one thing I don't like that much is the actual wall mount I used. Its a bit suspect so I may change the mount or just mount the TV directly to the hinged door.

CHEERS

PS Yeh we like our rock & roll hey!!!!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 04:51 PM   #21

Don , If you can have a look at the HR group in yahoo They have at least 10 different TV changes that people have done
GGallo 2005end
geo gallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:47 PM   #22

Monaco TV Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by geo gallo View Post
Don , If you can have a look at the HR group in yahoo They have at least 10 different TV changes that people have done
GGallo 2005end
Will do............thanks
DonGott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
have you removed the cabinet yet? We are trying to but can't find the final item holding the cabinet in place. We want to cut the cabinet down and reinstall it. We mounted a tv bracket between the two passenger side windows, so we are not putting the tv back up above the driver's seat.

Thanks for any help.
CJill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:09 PM   #24
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
jeepsrule.....I didn't want to mess with my cabinets so I found a TV that fit nicely into the old position. It was a Sony Bravia. I made a metal support bracket that fit into the the opening and then made corresponding brackets that slid into holes that bolted down the TV in four spots....just another idea to think about.

Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 12:59 PM   #25

Grand Design Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
jeepsrule.....I didn't want to mess with my cabinets so I found a TV that fit nicely into the old position. It was a Sony Bravia. I made a metal support bracket that fit into the the opening and then made corresponding brackets that slid into holes that bolted down the TV in four spots....just another idea to think about.

I decided to shrink the cabinet up and back in the space. I removed the entire cabinet and cut the back and bottom off. Then put it back in minus about 8" of cabinet in both directions. I then installed a wood panel inside to mount an articulating TV mount to and the TV now fits inside what used to be the cabinet and can be pulled out and swiveled to make watching easier. And now I don't hit the cabinet when entering the coach

Name:	TV.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	22859
Old 06-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #26

Newmar Owners Club
Great Info

Hey JEEPSRULE I cant wait to upgrade my televisions but I promised the DW that I would hold off until September. I look forward to seeing your pics once you are done. At 6'4 I have had my run ins with the front television in my unit, so any small amount of increased clearance associated with changing the unit will be appreciated.
TEEGEE1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 05:44 PM   #27
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
jeepsrule....Looks nice....the cabinet work came turned out well.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #28
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post

Nice install!
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote