RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2007, 03:05 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
As you may recall back in August an electrician made a 30 AMP 220 instead of 110 and my MH had "issues". I called in a mobile repair person who had me turn on the generator and then our DVD player started smoking

Well FINALLY the day we had our appt with the Monaco service center in Elkhart. Jeffrey flew in and drove it to Elkhart yesterday for our appt today.

Great news--at least MUCH better than we anticipated. The inverter was fried and so was the rear TV and of course DVD but everything else was ok. The frig's fuse was gone but not the panel or anything else.

So the bill won't be cheap it won't be what it COULD have been had the a/c, frig, both tvs, etc.....

They hope to have it done end of next week. WE are having them put in an LCD flatscreen tv upfront, oil change and a few other items.....

Then I get to go HOME!

mom2mastiffs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2007, 03:05 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
As you may recall back in August an electrician made a 30 AMP 220 instead of 110 and my MH had "issues". I called in a mobile repair person who had me turn on the generator and then our DVD player started smoking

Well FINALLY the day we had our appt with the Monaco service center in Elkhart. Jeffrey flew in and drove it to Elkhart yesterday for our appt today.

Great news--at least MUCH better than we anticipated. The inverter was fried and so was the rear TV and of course DVD but everything else was ok. The frig's fuse was gone but not the panel or anything else.

So the bill won't be cheap it won't be what it COULD have been had the a/c, frig, both tvs, etc.....

They hope to have it done end of next week. WE are having them put in an LCD flatscreen tv upfront, oil change and a few other items.....

Then I get to go HOME!

Old 10-02-2007, 03:40 PM   #3

Karen
Glad to hear not everything is fried. Did the electrician offer any financial assistance? He should have insurance to cover his misdeeds? Have a safe trip back home. s/Toby
Old 10-02-2007, 04:12 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Great News!!! Safe Travels
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 04:42 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Toby:
Karen
Did the electrician offer any financial assistance? He should have insurance to cover his misdeeds? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO. He was a friend of my mother's and I was at my folk's house helping care for my ill Dad. So she asked me to let it go and she would help pay for the damage. So I respected her request even though I really did not want to.........
Old 10-02-2007, 07:12 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Karen...
I am sooo glad to hear the news...which is definitely a lot better than you though it would be!!
Hopefully it will be done by this weekend... and you can be home by Sunday night!
Good Luck & safe travels!!

<span class="ev_code_RED">PS...if you see the 08 Dip..it is MCPo's rig ...</span>

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 07:20 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Glad to hear that the damage isnt to bad, be safe.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:17 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Also glad to hear it's not so bad. And, I'll bet you'll be glad to be going home. Best wishes to you, and safe travels!

Brenda, of...
Old 10-03-2007, 02:47 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club

Great news, Karen/Jeffrey. Certainly better than some alternatives. Hope this helps your days begin look a lot brighter now.

Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 04:14 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Karen,

Thanks for the update. It's great to know that that things will soon be back to normal - with a bit less hassle than you imagined.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 05:41 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
That is excellent news! Glad it's all working out and that there was so little "real" damage to your coach.

Keep us posted.

Sold: 2007 Holiday Rambler Ambassador 40' diesel Motor Coach
Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 09:55 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MonacoMama:
!!
Hopefully it will be done by this weekend... and you can be home by Sunday night!
<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">Won't be done until mid to end of next week. So HOPEFULLY we will be on our way next Friday or Saturday.
Jeffrey is flying in next Wed to cleveland and he's renting a car one way to Elkhart. He'll pick up the MH, get new front tires installed in Elkhart and return to Cleveland to p/u the "girls", our stuff and me </span>

<span class="ev_code_RED">PS...if you see the 08 Dip..it is MCPo's rig ...</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'll tell Jeffrey to look for it when he is there. I stay in cleveland and help with Dad.
I'll get home and stay for a few weeks and then fly back to help for another 2 weeks or so.
Unfortunately we won't be bringing the MH back for any extended visits as one of the neighbors complained about it being in the driveway--ah the trials and tribulations of neighborhood rules. I LOVE where we live--NO rules about MH, travel trailers, etc!!
SOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to going home next week and looking forward to the drive back--more relaxing than the drive here with 14-16 hour days driving!!