Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2022, 07:54 AM   #267

Hi as you can see I don't post here very much, but I read the helpful post a lot. Anyway I replaced the aux air pump on my 2002 Signature a year ago as it was inoperable. That original motor (at least mine) was a really poor design for the application. it is not a closed motor and being mounted in a not very well protected location gets lots of road spray. I replaced it with this Viair unit which works well and is fully enclosed. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It does not seem to need to run very often but when it does it seems to be sized about right for the application.

Hope this helps
Gerald
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2022, 07:58 AM   #268

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by veraken View Post
Contact Paul at AZPETE on the Irv2 forum. He works for HWH and can answer your questions. His email is pfmaddox@att.net and his phone number is 602-549-3638. He is a Commercial Member and has posted that his phone is always on, and if not answered, leave a message.

He has helped others on this forum and I am sure he can help you.
Thanks Vera & Ken!

Quote:
Originally Posted by c210pa18 View Post
Hi as you can see I don't post here very much, but I read the helpful post a lot. Anyway I replaced the aux air pump on my 2002 Signature a year ago as it was inoperable. That original motor (at least mine) was a really poor design for the application. it is not a closed motor and being mounted in a not very well protected location gets lots of road spray. I replaced it with this Viair unit which works well and is fully enclosed. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It does not seem to need to run very often but when it does it seems to be sized about right for the application.

Hope this helps
Gerald
Appreciate the info, Gerald. Thank you. One of the ideas we're contemplating is relocating the pump to a more protected location. What work was involved in switching pumps to the VIAIR unit?

I did confirm that we have the HWH 600 Series as opposed to the 2000 Series. Does anyone know if this system used the same Thomas air compressor?

Josh
Our 2001 Signature Repairs & Upgrades Thread
JJTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2022, 11:14 AM   #269

Monaco Owners Club
Norhtwest RV Supply also has them.
You can get a rebuild kit on eBay.
Most of these pumps get dirty (open armature) and can be brought back to life with a good cleaning.
On mine, the Nason switch was also bad along with an inline fuse.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/repl...mp-369684.html

Some folks are replacing the Thomas pump with a Viair 250. The Viair is less expensive and is enclosed but is noisy.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2022, 10:20 PM   #270

Question about the front central heat exchanger.

Hi everyone, I was hoping to get some insite. I have a 2002 monaco signature with a 100seris aquahot. Up until a few months ago the thermostat, when called for heat, the dash would blow nice hot air with the engine off and key in off position, camping. Living up in Canada, this is very useful. But recently when heat is called for, with the engine off and key off, there no fan action at all from the central dash. All the other fans in the same zone, zone 1, work fine. I checked the relay, and it is tight. But when I turn the engine key to on but engine off, now I get the fan blowing. And if I keep the engine off and key on and turn the thermostat off air stops blowing from the dash. So I know the fan is good and will obey the command of the thermostat, but for some reason the key has to be on, but I can't, camp, with the key in the on/ accessory position the whole time. Any suggestions? Thanks

Also, the unit inst just a cozy heat exchanger it is combined with the chassis HVAC as well. The antifreeze in the line is running and pumping the other heat exchangers blow nice heat off at the same time in the same zone. And there is good heat from the antifreeze entering the front central dash unit. But just won't turn on unless the key is in the accessory position.

Also, the ACC and ignition fuse groups in the front run panel are not energized at all until the key ignition key is turned into the acc position. I replaced the front run Aqua hot rely with a new one.

The upper ACC solenoid and and lower Ignition solenoid pole don't energize until the key is in the on position.

I'm really scratching my head on this one. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
G--UNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2022, 09:42 AM   #271

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by G--UNIT View Post
Hi everyone, I was hoping to get some insite. I have a 2002 monaco signature with a 100seris aquahot. Up until a few months ago the thermostat, when called for heat, the dash would blow nice hot air with the engine off and key in off position, camping. Living up in Canada, this is very useful. But recently when heat is called for, with the engine off and key off, there no fan action at all from the central dash. All the other fans in the same zone, zone 1, work fine. I checked the relay, and it is tight. But when I turn the engine key to on but engine off, now I get the fan blowing. And if I keep the engine off and key on and turn the thermostat off air stops blowing from the dash. So I know the fan is good and will obey the command of the thermostat, but for some reason the key has to be on, but I can't, camp, with the key in the on/ accessory position the whole time. Any suggestions? Thanks

Also, the unit inst just a cozy heat exchanger it is combined with the chassis HVAC as well. The antifreeze in the line is running and pumping the other heat exchangers blow nice heat off at the same time in the same zone. And there is good heat from the antifreeze entering the front central dash unit. But just won't turn on unless the key is in the accessory position.

Also, the ACC and ignition fuse groups in the front run panel are not energized at all until the key ignition key is turned into the acc position. I replaced the front run Aqua hot rely with a new one.

The upper ACC solenoid and and lower Ignition solenoid pole don't energize until the key is in the on position.

I'm really scratching my head on this one. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Hi there G--UNIT, by the sounds of it you have tackled a lot of the first diagnostic steps for the issue you're having.

I don't have access to the wiring diagrams at the moment, so not sure how helpful I can be.

In case this is helpful for your diagnosing, my understanding of the front heat exchanger is that the fan is controlled by the furnace thermostat when the key is off (ACC off). When the key is on (ACC on), the fan is controlled by the chassis HVAC system.

What I cannot remember off the top of my head, is if these are 2 different fans. It's possible that there is a Cozy III Heat Exchanger under the centre console that is controlled by the Aquahot (just like every other location). This Cozy III Heat Exchanger has its own fan. When the key is turned on, the chassis HVAC fan acts like a booster fan to the hot air entering the system from the Cozy III.

I am not positive this is how it is setup, so hopefully someone else can chime in. However, this could explain your issue. The fan on the Cozy III is inoperative, so when the engine is off you have no air movement. However, when the engine is on the chassis fan moves the air.

Just some thoughts. Let us know how you make out.
Josh
Old 05-31-2022, 08:03 AM   #272

Monaco Owners Club
Hi All!

We are still around and kicking. Apologies for the quiet thread here, been distracted by a new toy and the usual life stuff. We still have a few upgrades for Big Blue planned this summer, and will document them here as always.

Just got back from enjoying a beautiful long weekend in the coach. Only issue I noticed was the rubber seal they used for the new windshield (installed about 2 years ago), has shrunk slightly. There are some tiny gaps I would like to fill in with sealant, to be on the safe side.

I recall that silicone was not recommended for windshields. What has everyone else used to seal around the windshield? Black urethane?

Thanks!
Josh
Old 05-31-2022, 11:55 AM   #273

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I've used the proflex sealant and it's "worked". I have a much larger issue with my gasket than you probably do. It certainly sticks very well and can fill larger gaps when needed. In my case, the gasket is so shrunk that I have wind noise driving down the road and can't get it to go away. I'll have to have the windshield removed and the gasket replaced, but no one will touch it without me buying a new windshield first.
Scepter40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 12:23 PM   #274

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scepter40 View Post
I've used the proflex sealant and it's "worked". I have a much larger issue with my gasket than you probably do. It certainly sticks very well and can fill larger gaps when needed. In my case, the gasket is so shrunk that I have wind noise driving down the road and can't get it to go away. I'll have to have the windshield removed and the gasket replaced, but no one will touch it without me buying a new windshield first.
Thanks, Keith! I'll take a look, and see if it's something easily obtained up here in Canada.

All the best with your repair.

Josh
Old 06-01-2022, 05:11 PM   #275

Monaco Owners Club
Or you can just ask a windshield replacement shop what they use.
Tim
Old 06-02-2022, 09:16 AM   #276

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timaz View Post
Tim
X2 they will probably sell you a tube or two as well and you know its the right stuff.
Old 06-07-2022, 08:34 AM   #277

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timaz View Post
Tim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig1960 View Post
X2 they will probably sell you a tube or two as well and you know its the right stuff.
Thanks Gents, good idea.

Josh
Old 08-14-2022, 03:49 PM   #278

Monaco Owners Club
SeeLevel II Tank Monitor System Install

Hey friends!

We are still around! Apologies for the lack of posts so far this summer, has been a very busy one.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BB64E54C-060C-40F6-A169-BFD776B56729.JPG
Views:	22
Size:	598.4 KB
ID:	373650 Click image for larger version

Name:	477C7AB7-DA1B-4AD3-BCCF-0370B4BA49AA.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	693.1 KB
ID:	373651

Also have been distracted with a new toy, and the many projects that it requires. On top of that, Big Blue has been great. We have the coach to the point where we can just jump in and go use it. So not as many projects this year. That being said, we still have a few items on the list this summer! We got a big one done this past weekend, and a few more yet to go before it gets cold.

Our original tank monitoring system went out last year. It was never terribly reliable even when it did work. So we decided to replace the old system with a new SeeLevel II tank monitoring system. What an easy install!

https://www.garnetinstruments.com/holding-tanks/

Name:	IMG-4426.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	298.0 KB
ID:	373652

Thankfully our tanks are easily accessible by opening the tank compartment bay door. The SeeLevel sensors install on the outside of the tanks, and can be cut for height.

Name:	IMG-4427.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	248.9 KB
ID:	373653 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-4432.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	255.4 KB
ID:	373654

Our tank sizes were: Fresh - 13", Grey - 8.5" and Black - 8.5". The best part, is that we could reuse the existing wiring from the old tank sensors that went to the monitor above the fridge.

Name:	IMG-4425.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	258.7 KB
ID:	373655 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-4431.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	196.9 KB
ID:	373656

We removed the old VDO tank gauge and had enough room to enlarge the opening and install the new monitor pad. 2 wires run up from the tanks, a ground and the sensor wire. The final wire is 12V+ power which we had already at the panel. I would say it was maybe a few hour job at most.

Instead of writing up a detailed install here, you can check out the great YouTube videos that Garnet has for their SeeLevel II systems. We used the Model 709-P3 monitor, as we do not have an LPG tank (all electric coach). We also had them swap in the longer Model 710-ES2 sensors (no extra charge) for our tank heights.

Pleased with how it all turned out! We will be boon docking this coming weekend, so a perfect chance to really test them out. So far, they appear very accurate and it's so much better having a percentage level now, instead of a 0, 1/4, 1/2, 3/4, Full.

Hope you are all well and enjoying your summer!
Josh
Old 08-15-2022, 09:27 AM   #279

Monaco Owners Club
Nice job on the SeaLevel installation.

And nice C4.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 11:07 AM   #280

Monaco Owners Club
I did mine the same way a couple years ago. You will like them.
Tim

Tags
air, monaco, repair, repairs, upgrade